Sr. Project Manager - TGS Product Services
Job Description SummaryThe TGS Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing various Technology project assignments as approved by the Demand and Portfolio Management teams at TGS Product Services. Project assignments may include infrastructure or applications focused projects. This position will be handling multiple projects with high visibility and will be reporting directly to the Sr. Program Manager/Portfolio Manager-Product Services.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide Project Management leadership for assigned IT programs / projects (Applications and Infrastructure)
- Utilize processes and tools within TGS to track project spend, including approved budgets, actuals and forecasts
- Maintain business senior leader / stakeholder alignment to TGS projects & programs
- Maintain stakeholders and TGS teams up to date on status of each project, using the tools/methods available in TGS.
- Ensure compliance to defined Execution Framework governance and deliverables for all IT programs/projects
- Integrates and maintains project plans and schedule
- Maintain processes and tools within TGS central teams group to track program / project status, including utilization of defined criteria to assess overall project health.
- Manages Project risks and issues. First escalation point. Responsible to coordinate activities to resolve issues and risks.
- Contribute towards achieving defined Team Goals for TGS Product Services.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to collaborate with IT L2/L3 Leaders on processes and tools used for Program Portfolio Management and Project Execution.
- Mentor team members and Contractors on Project Management Best Practices and BD processes.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring new Project Managers (full-time and Contractor staff aug) as demanded by workload.
Our Project Manager must be knowledgeable in project and program management industry-standard methodologies. As Project Manager you will develop fully coordinated, multi-work stream project management plans, anticipating work needs and factors that will influence works schedules. On top of that you should have proven experience in establishing project change control governance to handle scope changes, and reporting project timeline/budget performance, and mentor less experienced PMs and business leaders in successful risk and issue management.
- 5+ years IT Program / Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, IT or similar field of study / work experience
- Extensive experience managing IT projects / programs
- Strong SDLC experience in multiple project methodologies
- Broad experience managing IT Infrastructure / Application projects
- Excellent Communication Skills
- IT Project Management
- IT Project Management Tools (MS Project, SharePoint, ServiceNow or Equivalent)
- Experience with GXP relevant projects in a medical device/Pharmaceutical or Life Science Industry
- Conflict Resolution
- Strong IT Project Leadership
- Project Risk/Issue/Change Management
- Interdependency Management
- Executive Presence
- Business Acumen
- Effective leadership and work delivery through others
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Lean Six Sigma / Blackbelt
- PMP / PMP Certification
- PMO Team Leadership
- Change Management
- Workshop Facilitation
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ