Staff Engineer – Project Manager:Remote
Job Description SummaryReporting to the Sr. Manager, Project Management, the Staff Engineer is responsible for Project Management consisting of developing and implementing manufacturing projects and new technologies for BD PAS products. Primary activity includes leading cross functional teams, project planning and execution of process transfers and process start-ups. Domestic and International travel expected.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES
• Manages complex projects through design, prototype, build and commercialize assembly equipment.
• Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close these projects.
• Must have the ability to influence team members that are not direct reports.
• Experience with writing capital proposals and managing capital and expense budgets.
• Experience with creating project schedules interlinking multiple pieces of custom automation, injection molding, facilities modifications, and training of direct and indirect associates.
• Proven success in launching new assembly lines.
• Collaborates with teams of engineers and technicians and coordinate resources to achieve project and business goals.
• Provides status reports to management in a timely basis.
• Follows division policies and guidelines.
• Good interpersonal skills.
Knowledge & Problem Solving
• Applies extensive technical expertise in assembly process technology and has extensive knowledge of other process technologies. Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Guides the successful completion of programs and may function in a project leadership role.
Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major objectives.
• Demonstrates complete understanding of a wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in a manufacturing process technology. Has general knowledge of other process technologies. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practical.
Discretion / Latitude
• Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
• Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Manufacturing Process Technology
• Leads development of high volume assembly processes including pilot production, process feasibility, optimization and validation.
• Leads the purchase of production equipment. Develops the specifications and acceptance protocols.
• Leads the management of vendors in the design, development and implementation of manufacturing equipment.
• Leads the application of six-sigma and lean manufacturing methodologies in projects to optimize manufacturing equipment.
• Develops processes by designing and/or performing experimental testing, data analysis, preparation of reports, and providing recommendations.
• Applies BD-standardized manufacturing technologies
• Provides input into department strategy.
MS Project required. Proficient in Word, Excel and Visio.
Working knowledge of Mini Tab and CAD are a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other technically related field.
• Minimum of 8 years relevant experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience in implementing high-volume automated manufacturing equipment, with preferred background in the medical devices or in-vitro diagnostic products.
• Experience leading teams through all phases of a project; brainstorming, scoping, budgeting, writing specifications, quoting, capital proposals, vendor management, coordinating installations, running validations.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally approximately 30% of the time.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status. #LI-ISC
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA CT - Canaan, USA MD - Hunt Valley, USA MD - Sparks - 26 Loveton Circle, USA MD - Sparks - 39 Loveton Circle, USA MD - Sparks - 52/54 Loveton Circle, USA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle, USA NC - Mebane, USA NC - Research Triangle Park, USA NE - Broken Bow, USA NE - Columbus (East), USA NE - Columbus (West), USA NE - Holdrege, USA SC - Sumter, USA UT - Sandy
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ