Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us continually improve how we do things every day; to be more efficient, more effective and better serve our customers. You’ll do this within an exceptional team all striving to make sure that everything we do complies with regulations and standards, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because our products impact people’s quality of life. Here, you’ll put your compliance experience, high expectations and attention to detail to the very best use: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe purpose of this role is to create meaningful, interactive and effective training modules across BD for Quality.
The Staff Quality Systems Specialist I - Training Content Development will work with the Global Process Owners and subject matter experts to assess business training needs, design training module and identify the target audience.
In accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate BD, procedures and guidelines, this position is responsible for:
- Performs all phases of instructional design including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation for instructor led and e-learning courses
- Creates Instructor Guides, Participant Manuals, Exercise Guides and Quick Reference Materials.
- Conceptualizes and designs creative blended learning approaches for multimedia content presentation (eg, video, interactive online activities, games, animation, exercises, and progress checks) that maximize learner understanding of content and assess grasp of content
- Creates eLearning scripts, storyboards, and PPT slides using solid instructional design methodology and adult learning theory
- Collaborates with subject-matter experts and development leads to ensure that program content, learning objectives, and delivery modes meet stated client specifications
- Assists with the development of the instructional strategy. Develops guides, templates, and job aides to support the strategy
- Works with IT and outsource agencies on training and content development technology solutions
- Assists in benchmarking industry trends, identify best practices and provide input to GPO Qualification & Training
- Supports the definition of program performance metrics and uses data to ensure consistent content development and delivery of training
- Conducts follow-up studies of completed quality trainings to evaluate and measure results and effectiveness
- May partner with HR and other functions to develop, assess, facilitate and/or lead organizational development programs and processes to support business objectives and strategy implementation.
- Supports regulatory inspections and audits as needed
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum 5 years professional quality system experience with a minimum of 2 years in training, learning and development or adult education is required.
- Prior technical knowledge with learning management systems is required – experience with Success Factors is preferred.
- Training design and development experience and knowledge of adult learning strongly desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and facilitation skills are required.
- Experience with e-learning tools (Articulate, Captivate) is preferred.
- Requires strong communications skills, change management knowledge, documentation/writing and people skills.
- This candidate must possess the ability to work independently and efficiently with the ability to manage multiple assignments with conflicting priorities, ability to address issues quickly, be detail-oriented, and be able to manage white space in an ever changing environment.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Quality Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
BD is unique in how fully dedicated it is to a specific disease state. It makes it clear how the work we do directly impacts the daily lives of the patients we serve.
Senior Director Quality Management
To know that our products touch 30 million people with diabetes around the globe is powerful and fuels our teams to deliver best in class products to them each and every day.
It is inspiring to see BD products to be used globally to advance human healthcare.
Manager Medical Laboratory