Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThis position is reporting to the Manager Technical Services. As part of the Technical Service Team, the Technical Services Specialist will manage technical/scientific activities and will serve as the primary technical contact with the assigned Global and Strategic Accounts customer accounts.
Actively supports commercial organization strategy and objectives by building effective technical working relationships with customers
Understands, on a deep level, the technical needs and issues that customers are facing and develops that knowledge into workable solutions.
Enables BD commercial strategy by driving uptake of strategic products and value shifting
Actively promotes BD capabilities and services and drives service revenue for appropriate customer segment
Is the technical expert coordinating with internal functions, customers, and/or 3rd parties as needed in the defined region to meet customer commitments and ensure customer satisfaction
Defines and implements innovative communication and knowledge sharing tools for internal or external use
Serves as technical or scientific interface and represents BD in external forums such as major conferences
Drives upstream (pipeline) technical customer relationship:
Serves as primary point of contact for technical topics on assigned accounts and facilitates expert-to-expert discussions when needed.
Establishes communication routine or forum with customers that is aligned with BD commercial strategy. Ensures customer communication is consistent, timely and well positioned.
Applies understanding of BD commercial strategy to drive the upstream technical contribution to accounts in alignment with BD commercial strategy (ex. service offer, strategic offer promotion, value-shifting)
Participates in external technical customer meetings, technical visits at plants, and/or conferences as required.
Builds a network at customer of key stakeholders that will increase level of trust and influence.
Acts as the liaison between the customer and internal parties:
- Closely coordinates with account cross-functional core team and other internal groups (functions, platforms, regional leaders) to review account strategy, discuss and resolve challenges, and provide updates.
- May be a key participant in therapeutic segment cross-functional meetings
- Manages complex concepts and situations, navigates the matrix/network, effectively influences, and escalates as appropriate to drive optimal win-win solutions.
- Is the Voice Of Customer (VOC) internally
Serves as a technical expert:
- Accurately collects, analyzes, challenges, and synthesizes customer requests/inputs and translates these into appropriate responses, solutions, services and action plans
- Educates customers or internal associates on technical aspects of Pharmaceutical Systems products and process as appropriate:
- Advises on product solutions for needs
- Answers medium level technical questions and coordinate with R&D to provide answers to more complex technical questions
- Gathers competitive intelligence, market and customer trends, and customer unmet needs. Stays abreast of changing regulations, standards and environment impacting the component, medical device, and pharmaceutical industries
- Shares gathered intelligence and technical findings across TS team, BD network, and 3rd parties as appropriate
- Understands and promotes BD capabilities at customers, conferences or other forums
Develops materials and tools:
- Develops training modules, video, or other materials as appropriate on our products, services, and/or processes
- Develops promotional materials such as content for videos or web applications for technical support, services and customer experience/journey as well as external presentations for select scientific conferences
- Creates proactive document packages, RTUs and FAQs to support customer development, commercialization, and LCM of BDM-PS products
- May be required to provide back office support to TS team (e.g. service quotation, request tracking)
Experience and education
- Education: B.S. or M.S. or PhD. in chemistry, engineering, or other relevant discipline with min. 5-7 years of industrial experience in a large pharma/biotech or medical device company
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Advanced communication skills
- Intermediate collaboration and influencing skills
- Intermediate leadership skills
- Advanced written and oral presentation skills
- Advanced customer facing and interpersonal skills
- intermediate business acumen
- Strong drive for results
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing