Manufacturing Team Member I Crosser 1st Shift
Job Description SummaryPerforms any combination of tasks involved in the manufacture and assembly of medical devices.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for following safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for following all required GMP’s and applicable manufacturing procedures.
- Perform a variety of duties to assemble all types and sizes of product, components, and sub-assemblies using a variety of standard and specialty assembly machines or hand operations.
- May be required to press, bond, solder, flare, strip, clamp, sand, weld, mount/takedown or inspect for appearance, gauging of parts by “no-go” or “go” gauges and set fixtures.
- After initial training, shows the ability to consistently meet daily production goals while building a high quality product, part or subassembly to specification.
- Set up, operates, perform minor maintenance and minor troubleshooting on equipment.
- Follow department procedures on material replenishment.
- Assists in training of manufacturing personnel.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to enhance team performance.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and report to work on a regular, punctual basis.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate well with others.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, interpret, comprehend and consistently follow specifications written in English.
- Able to perform basic math calculations and use measuring devices and tools.
- Meets or exceeds dexterity requirements.
- Ability to successfully demonstrate visual accuracy through company-approved program.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Able to work flexible and/or extended hours.
- Willingness to rotate into different tasks and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work under magnification for long periods of time
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to lift 30 lbs (over 30 with assistance)
- Repetitive use of hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and/or perform repetitive hand/wrist movement
May require some exposure to chemicals used in manufacturing processes. Some minor physical inconvenience or discomfort occasionally present in the work situation (moderate noise, disagreeable odors, etc.). May be subject to situations requiring precautions due to the potential for minor injury or other health hazards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NY - Glens Falls
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 5am-130pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ