Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Service Sales Lead is accountable for service sales growth and contract penetration within the assigned geographical territory CE by effectively marketing and selling service solutions to our BD Life Sciences customers in private or public institutions such as research (pharma/biotech/academic), clinical and hospital laboratories.
The core responsibilities for this role will be to define and execute the strategies to convert, renew, sell & upsell service contracts from existing and prospective customers through a customer centric approach and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs. The position serves as an integral partner with the regional/country Technical Service, Sales and Marketing teams and will report directly to the Senior Manager Service Sales & Marketing Europe.
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
The Service Sales Lead is accountable for service sales growth and contract penetration within the assigned geographical territory CE by effectively selling service solutions to our BD Life Sciences customers in private or public institutions such as research (pharma/biotech/academic), clinical and hospital laboratories.
The core responsibilities for this role will be to convert, renew, sell & upsell service contracts from existing and prospective customers through a customer centric approach and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs. The position serves as an integral partner with the regional/country Technical Service, Sales and Marketing teams and will report directly to the Senior Manager Service Sales & Marketing Europe.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform direct service sales in your defined geographical territory CE through leading and managing a team of service sales representatives.
- Define team member goals & training needs, provide clear guidance for interpersonal and commercial aspects via coaching and supporting talent development
- Identify, qualify and close service sales and perform service contract opportunity management according to the processes, systems and tools in place
- Prepare, present and negotiate customer proposals for warranty to contract conversion and contract renewal by scheduling on-site visits or by remote
- Manage and maximize the time & material service sales opportunities (non-contract customers) as well as identify opportunities for win-back
- Manage the financial sales goals and performance at the cluster/area level
- Responsible for the budgeting & forecasting process in collaboration and alignment with the Area Technical Service Operations Manager and commercial stakeholders.
- Oversees the entire quotation and billing process to ensure revenue is being timely recognized and accounted for on the monthly P&L
- Meeting established revenue and profit goals as defined in the Service Sales budget, define price increase strategy and recommendations for contracts, labor & travel rates and spare parts
- Customer experience and business support
- Communicate with and provide exceptional Customer Service to internal & external customers through establishing long-term, on-going relationships.
- Promote the service portfolio and assess customers’ servicing needs, explicitly stated or in anticipation of their future needs. Set up qualified presentations that supports the customer value proposition of BD services
- Define and maintain the service portfolio price book and service marketing materials , provide sales and marketing support as required in the Service Area (cross country)
- Alignment with regional and countries business goals through communication and close collaboration with regional Sales Manager, Sales Representative, Marketing teams, Technical Service leaders
Requirements (Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Competencies)
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Science, Business or an equal field of specialization as well as at least 3-5 years direct sales experience in a commercial environment and/or the healthcare industry
- You have a strong hands-on mentality and a demonstrated ability to develop or to adapt your solution selling skills Furthermore, you have a proven record of direct medical device selling or contract selling as well as an experience in a Technical Service organization
- Strong and professional communication, presentation, listening and negotiation skills
- Result driven & action oriented
- Good organization skills and ability to develop process management skills
- Fluency in German as well as very good English language skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications and other systems such as LOTS/SAP, ServiceMax & SFDC
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- A proactive & entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to network & build long-term customer relationships
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationDEU Heidelberg - Tullastrasse
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing