06 Sterilization Material Handler B-shift
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com
Sterilization 06 Material Handler
General Function / Purpose
This position is responsible for general warehouse and sterilization functions. This includes forklift and slipsheeter operations necessary for the flow of both sterile and no-sterile products. Independent operation of robotic equipment will be required subsequent to the completion of job specific training checklist. Responsible for all quality and clerical activities associated with sterile product repackaging.
Supervision – Source of work direction
- Work Team Team Leader
Works with management to identify and eliminate safety hazards. Forklift operation. Operation of robotic material handling equipment. Re-packaging sterile product according to specifications. Labor provision for manually loaded and unloaded products. Prepare product for manual and/or automated processing. Assist with radiation emergencies when and if they occur. Load/Unload product from/to trailers. Communicate and maintain a favorable relationship with fellow workers in own and other departments. Work with limited supervision and perform duties in a prompt and professional manner, assuring accuracy of all materials moved. Follow precise written procedures. Provide training for new associates.
Performs other duties as assigned by Team Leader and required to support the needs of the business. Attend training and meetings as required. General housekeeping and clean up of work area / safety awareness. TRS participation and other maintenance activities as assigned.
Minimum Job Level Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient at reading & writing English, good interpersonal skills, able to use computer with basic windows.
Associate must obtain a forklift license.
- High speed manufacturing environment. Must remain alert and focused.
- Indoor heated and cooled environment, however the area can get extremely hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
- Degree of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, noise, vibration and chemicals. When working outside, any & all physical elements of weather & temperature may be present. Inside, noise is the major distraction. Earplugs must be worn for both indoor & outdoor work.
- Some amount of physical exertion is required.
Conditions of Employment in this department
- Must obey all safety programs, policies & regulations.
- Must follow all GMP/QSR rules.
- Must cooperate fully with the safety and environmental programs.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and fully cooperate with coworkers and management.
- May not pose a threat of significant risk to themselves or others.
- Must have regular attendance.
Conditions of Employment in this Facility
- The “Essential Functions” and “additional responsibilities” listed in this description do not restrict the addition or deletion of any other responsibilities to this position
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will posses the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty successfully.
- Management reserves the right to change any and all job descriptions without notice as business conditions dictate.
- All employees are expected to know and adhere to the Becton Dickinson Core Values which are:
- We treat each other with respect
- We do what is right
- We always seek to improve
- We accept personal responsibility
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Holdrege
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ