Molding Processor Apprentice (D Shift)Apply Now Job ID R-327569 Date posted 01/12/2019
Job Description Summary
About BD: BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help improve patient outcomes, improve the safety and efficiency of clinicians’ care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to better diagnose disease and advance researchers’ capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. In 2017, BD welcomed C. R. Bard and its products into the BD family. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com.
Technical position in injection molding. Molding processor apprentice is responsible for trouble shooting process problems in molds and equipment, Performing Mold pulls and sets by using various Tools and equipment, setting up Process Parameters for molds, performing maintenance activities on molds and equipment, and being a leader on the production floor for the safety, quality and production of the people and equipment.
1. Molding team leader
2. Molding Production Coordinator
3. Molding Department Manager
4. SR. Mold Processor
5. Molding Engineering Tech
Direction of Others
- May be required to give direction to co-workers
Level of Education / Knowledge Needed
- High school diploma or GED (minimum requirement)
- Ability to operate a Fork Lift, Electric Pallet Jack and Electric Stacker
- Ability to operate a computer, use email and SAP
Level of Experience Needed
- PREVIOUS MECHANICAL EXPERIENCE OR ABILITY
- Technical processing resource.
- Covering for absent machine attendant
- Lead by setting a "positive" example for all processors and associates to follow.
- Ensure supportive accurate communication between the shifts.
- Ensuring all job functions in the area, are done correctly prior to the arrival of the next shift.
- Expect and accept personal responsibility for yourself and for others.
- Help with the completion of continuous improvement projects
- Understand the importance of cavity utilization.
- Work very closely with the Sr. processor.
- Follow the MD700212 daily
- Promote and Support all of the Molding Departments goals. (SAFETY, QUALITY, PRODUCTION, FINANCIAL, Scheduling)
- Previous molding experience or Mold Processor apprentice experience.
- General knowledge of molding machines resins and processes
- Good understanding of mold design and operation.
- Thorough knowledge of all molded parts, quality specifications and inspection procedures.
- Experience in hydraulics, mechanics and mechanical work and pneumatics.
- Experience with the operations of large molding presses and controls
1. Able to perform proper LOTO procedures.
2. Able to un-jam a plugged grinder properly While following correct LOTO procedures.
3. Proper disposal of waste water.
4. Proper clean up and disposal of waste oil.
5. Location of machine safeties.
6. Know and understand machine safeties, pinch points, and danger areas.
7. Will be trained on fall protection safety
8. Know and understand how to avoid potential burns from molten plastic and heat sources.
9. Know the proper PPE to use and when to use it.
10. Know the location of MSDS and their use.
11. Demonstrate the safe method for clearing plugged hoppers and runner jams
12. Know how to operate overhead cranes safely.
13. Know what to do to address large and small oil leaks properly.
~ Help SR. processor perform the technical "on the job" training for all machine attendants and material handlers.
~ Provide opportunities for associates to learn more about the molding process.
~ Drive to improve the capabilities of the associates.
1. Monitor and Maintain equipment safety devices.
2. Monitor /Maintain proper component quality standards
3. Monitor/Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
4. Monitor/Ensure part containment issues are addressed daily.
5. Coordinate/Monitor proper start up and shut down of the molding processes and the area.
6. Updating Molding Board
7. Coordinate/ Monitor the maintenance and cleaning of the Conair system.
8. Monitor/Ensure resin filters are cleaned daily.
9. Coordinate/Monitor the disposal of the molding purges.
Technical Skills/Job Tasks
~ Answering machine alarms
~ Blocking parts in mold
~ Perform pull/sets of molding tools
~ Perform proper color change procedures
~ Address all component defects in a timely manner
~ Maintain press/mold/auxiliary control to avoid damage at start-up/shut down.
~ Be familiar with all inspection/mold approval procedures
~ Create SAP Work Orders whenever needed.
~ Check/Ensure that molds are processed correctly
~ Trouble-shoot and know how to correct problems with equipment, processes, and components.
~ Perform/Ensure that parameter sheets are updated
~ Assist with or ensure the daily cleaning responsibilities are complete on equipment.
~ Proper clean up and disposal of waste oil.
~ Check/Ensure that the open cavities are noted on each press every shift
~ Perform/Ensure that mold protection is checked daily
~ Will be able to perform the daily cleaning functions correctly in areas and on equipment they are responsible for according to the MD700212
~ Check/Ensure that the cycle times are correct and maintained every shift
~ Check/Ensure efficiencies are maintained every shift
~ Set up and maintain granulators, conveyors, separators, mold temp control units water temp control units, resin dryers and scales for assigned machines.
~ Able to enter information into the production report spreadsheet correctly and accurately
~ Know where the finished goods are stored.
~ Take inventory on molded components.
~ Perform Resin batch changes
~ Order raw material from the Warehouse.
~ Ensure accurate information is delivered to the SAP clerks
~ Know the contents and location of the surge bins and silos
~ Know how to correctly use and reset the cycle counters at the presses
~ Know how to find, determine, setup and use approximate part weight and the scales for bulk handled components.
~ Weigh bubbles on floor scales to track/record production.
~ Miscellaneous cleanup of the area.
~ Required to know how to perform all duties of the Mold Attendant job description and to be able to fill in for an absent Mold Attendant
~ Indoor heated and cooled environment
~ Some daily intermittent exposure to noise and chemicals
~ Earplugs must be worn
~ Some amount of physical exertion required: walking, crawling, pulling, kneeling, climbing, and possibly lifting up to 30lbs frequently and 50lbs occasionally
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN THIS DEPARTMENT
1. Must achieve Individual Impact Goals assigned to them by their team leader
2. Must obey all safety programs, policies and regulations.
3. May be required to pass forklift training class and driving test.
4. Must follow all GMP/QSR rules
5. Must cooperate fully with the safety and environmental program.
6. Must be able to work in a team environment and fully cooperate with coworkers and management
7. May not pose a direct threat or significant risk to himself/herself or others.
8. Must have regular attendance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN THIS FACILITY
1. The "Essential Functions" and Other listed in description do not restrict the addition or deletion of any other responsibilities to this position.
2. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty successfully.
3. Management reserves the right to change any and all job descriptions without notice as business conditions dictate.
4. All employees are expected to know and adhere to the Becton Dickinson Core Values which are:
~ We do what is right
~ We respect, collaborate, challenge and care about each other.
~ We innovate and improve continuously
~ We anticipate and address the challenges of patients and customers globally
~ We take personal responsibility
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Holdrege
Join our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about career opportunities, news and events.Sign up
Find Your Role
Select a job category, location or group to view its corresponding jobs.
Jobs By Category
- Accounting Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Application Development Jobs
- Bio Technology Jobs
- Business Development - M&A Jobs
- Communications and Public Relations Jobs
- Controls Engineering Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Customer Support Jobs
- Draftsman Jobs
- EHS Jobs
- Employee Relations Jobs
- Engineering Jobs
- Enterprise Architecture & Design Governance Jobs
- Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- Field Service Engineer Jobs
- Finance Jobs
- Finance Intern Jobs
- Financial Systems Jobs
- Hardware Quality Engineering Jobs
- Heor Technical Specialties Jobs
- Human Resources Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Infrastructure Administration Jobs
- Labor And Employment Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Machine Operator Jobs
- Manufacturing Jobs
- Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
- Medical Affairs Jobs
- Other Engineering Jobs
- Pre-Acquisition Job Family Jobs
- Procurement Jobs
- Procurement Intern Jobs
- Product Engineer Jobs
- Product Stewardship Jobs
- Production Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Project Management Jobs
- Public Affairs Jobs
- Purchasing Jobs
- Quality Jobs
- Quality Engineer Jobs
- R&D Intern Jobs
- Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- Reimbursement Jobs
- Research and Development Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Sales & Marketing Management Jobs
- Sales Intern Jobs
- Scientific Affairs Jobs
- Software Engineer Jobs
- Supply Chain Jobs
- Supply Chain Intern Jobs
- Systems Engineering Jobs
- Tax Jobs
- Technical Writing Jobs
- Testing Jobs
- UX/UI Jobs
Jobs By Location
- Alabama Jobs
- Albany Jobs
- Albuquerque Jobs
- Andover Jobs
- Arizona Jobs
- Ashland Jobs
- Austin Jobs
- Baltimore Jobs
- Birmingham Jobs
- Boston Jobs
- Brea Jobs
- Broken Bow Jobs
- Burlington Jobs
- California Jobs
- Canaan Jobs
- Carol Stream Jobs
- Cayey Jobs
- Cayey Municipio Jobs
- Charleston Jobs
- Chicago Jobs
- Cincinnati Jobs
- Colorado Jobs
- Columbia Jobs
- Columbus Jobs
- Connecticut Jobs
- Covington Jobs
- Dallas Jobs
- Denver Jobs
- Des Moines Jobs
- Detroit Jobs
- District of Columbia Jobs
- Durham Jobs
- El Paso Jobs
- Florida Jobs
- Four Oaks Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Jobs
- Georgia Jobs
- Glens Falls Jobs
- Grand Rapids Jobs
- Grayson Jobs
- Hawaii Jobs
- Holdrege Jobs
- Houston Jobs
- Illinois Jobs
- Indiana Jobs
- Indianapolis Jobs
- Iowa Jobs
- Irvine Jobs
- Jackson Jobs
- Jacksonville Jobs
- Juncos Jobs
- Kansas Jobs
- Kansas City Jobs
- Kansas City Jobs
- Kentucky Jobs
- Las Vegas Jobs
- Los Angeles Jobs
- Louisiana Jobs
- Louisville Jobs
- Louisville Jobs
- Madison Jobs
- Mannford Jobs
- Maryland Jobs
- Massachusetts Jobs
- Mebane Jobs
- Menlo Park Jobs
- Miami Jobs
- Michigan Jobs
- Milwaukee Jobs
- Minnesota Jobs
- Minnesota City Jobs
- Mississippi Jobs
- Missouri Jobs
- Moncks Corner Jobs
- Municipio de Juncos Jobs
- Murray Hill Jobs
- Nashville Jobs
- Nebraska Jobs
- Nevada Jobs
- New Hope Jobs
- New Jersey Jobs
- New Mexico Jobs
- New Orleans Jobs
- New York Jobs
- New York Jobs
- North Carolina Jobs
- Oakland Jobs
- Ohio Jobs
- Oklahoma Jobs
- Oklahoma City Jobs
- Omaha Jobs
- Oregon Jobs
- Orlando Jobs
- Pennsylvania Jobs
- Philadelphia Jobs
- Pittsburgh Jobs
- Plainfield Jobs
- Portland Jobs
- Puerto Rico Jobs
- Research Triangle Park Jobs
- Reston Jobs
- Rhode Island Jobs
- Richmond Jobs
- Sacramento Jobs
- Saint Paul Jobs
- Salt Lake City Jobs
- San Antonio Jobs
- San Diego Jobs
- San Francisco Jobs
- San Jose Jobs
- Sandy City Jobs
- Savannah Jobs
- Seattle Jobs
- South Carolina Jobs
- South Dakota Jobs
- Sparks Jobs
- Spokane Jobs
- St Louis Jobs
- Stamford Jobs
- Stuart Jobs
- Sumter Jobs
- Tallahassee Jobs
- Tampa Jobs
- Tempe Jobs
- Tennessee Jobs
- Texas Jobs
- United States Jobs
- Utah Jobs
- Vermont Jobs
- Vernon Hills Jobs
- Virginia Jobs
- Warwick Jobs
- Washington Jobs
- Washington DC Jobs
- White Plains Jobs
- Wisconsin Jobs
- Woburn Jobs
- Zelienople Jobs
Jobs by Category + Location
- Glens Falls Production Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Product Engineer Jobs
- California Sales Jobs
- Tempe Product Engineer Jobs
- Sparks Manufacturing Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Marketing Jobs
- Sandy City Machine Operator Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Information Technology Jobs
- San Diego Customer Support Jobs
- Sumter Production Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Project Management Jobs
- Sandy City Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- Washington DC Professional Services Jobs
- Sandy City Manufacturing Jobs
- Sumter Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- Columbus Manufacturing Jobs
- Sparks Machine Operator Jobs
- Columbus Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- San Diego Marketing Jobs
- San Diego Project Management Jobs
- San Jose Engineering Jobs
- San Jose Bio Technology Jobs
- Columbus Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- Columbus Machine Operator Jobs
- Tempe Quality Engineer Jobs
- Georgia Project Management Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Professional Services Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Quality Jobs
- Sparks Software Engineer Jobs
- Washington Sales Jobs
- Sumter Manufacturing Jobs
- Salt Lake City Product Engineer Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Quality Engineer Jobs
- San Diego Professional Services Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Supply Chain Jobs
- Covington Quality Jobs
- San Jose Sales Jobs
- New York Sales Jobs
- Broken Bow Manufacturing Jobs
- Sparks Customer Support Jobs
- Salt Lake City Machine Operator Jobs
- Covington Quality Engineer Jobs
- Salt Lake City Quality Engineer Jobs
- San Jose Marketing Jobs
- Covington Project Management Jobs
- Covington Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- Tempe Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- Salt Lake City Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- San Diego Software Engineer Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Research and Development Jobs
- Seattle Sales Jobs
- Texas Sales Jobs
- Covington Product Engineer Jobs
- San Diego Product Engineer Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Customer Support Jobs
- San Jose Customer Support Jobs
- Franklin Lakes Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- San Diego Quality Engineer Jobs
- Sparks Marketing Jobs
- San Jose Project Management Jobs
- Covington Supply Chain Jobs
- Sparks Supply Chain Jobs
- Covington Research and Development Jobs
- San Diego Administrative Jobs
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email email@example.com