Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com
Responsible for the scheduling, planning and controlling of the production/material schedules based upon the demand, creating and converting planned production work orders, providing effective and efficient manufacturing operation and expediting and establishing the deliveries of materials based upon MRP runs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Develop weekly production plans for the manufacturing department to ensure execution of the master schedule in an efficient manner. ECO’s scheduling responsibilities include:
- review of preliminary ECO’s prior to issuance and makes suggestions for corrections as necessary.
- research ECO’s upon release and coordinates the material changes as called out by the ECO.
Submit scheduling releases and purchase orders to suppliers. Add new materials to the scheduling agreements. Work with the quality department to assure specifications for materials are correct. Expedite/de-expedite materials as needed. Interface with division planner to provide information both to and from division and the plant. Coordinate all insert programs through the plant. Provide production reporting to manufacturing as required. APO scheduling as required. Facilitate scheduling teams. Report shipping compliance for the departments. Coordinate with sterilization and shipping to meet the required monthly shipping compliance. Obsolete materials. Molding forecast. Accounting volume forecast quarterly or as needed. Maintain PO acknowledgements
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Education: HS diploma
- Four (4) year degree
- APICS certification
- One to three (1-3) years experience in production/material planning and scheduling, or related manufacturing experience.
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Proven problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the overall process
- Proven decision making skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the business and financial requirements of the business
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- No direct supervisory responsibility.
- Schedules of total finished goods valued approximately $100,000,000 per year.
- Partial accountability for implementation in manufacturing.
- Responsible for the issuance of work orders in molding and manufacturing.
- Inaccurate data or schedules can result in significant production downtime or missed schedules with possible moderate negative financial impact.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES) May Not Be All Inclusive
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other associates.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty successfully.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Holdrege
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ