Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com
Lead engineering projects to improve plant capabilities through new or improved processes, technology and equipment while also providing engineering and technical support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead projects to reduce cost, increase efficiency, improve safety, or improve machine capabilities from conception through to completion
- Manage and coordinate project timelines, team meetings, project reviews, project budgets, equipment installations and validations
- Effectively communicate project requirements, goals and timelines to plant management
- Act as a vendor liaison for the purchase, design, fabrication, installation, and validation of custom high speed automation equipment
- Provide problem solving, cost analysis, testing, validation, design, and equipment repair support.
- Assist in writing capital requests and developing departmental budgets
- Brainstorm, research, design and test new processes, technologies and equipment
- Collaborate on equipment designs with outside vendors and other BD engineers
- Produce CAD models and prints using AutoCAD, Inventor, and/or SolidWorks software
- Prepare comprehensive machine specifications for use in the fabrication and purchase of new equipment
- Create work instruction and quality documentation for new processes and equipment
- Provide engineering support for production through cost analysis, testing, equipment design, equipment repair and problem solving.
- Perform acceptance testing for newly purchased equipment
- Work to promote a team atmosphere which fosters respect, open communication, and trust
- Communicate well with other engineers, floor associates, vendors, plant management, and the corporate office
- Demonstrate attention to detail in both designs and project management
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, (BSME or BSEE preferred).
- Application of QSR to new and modified operations / procedures.
- Minimum of two years of engineering experience in manufacturing (preferably medical device manufacturing).
- Equipment design experience.
- Demonstrated verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and technology.
- PC skills; familiarity with Excel, Word, PowerPoint Minitab, SAP, CAD, MS Project and Visio.
- Understand preventive maintenance concepts and management of work orders.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software (preferably Inventor or Solidworks).
- Indirect supervision over support personnel necessary for project completion including engineers, technicians, quality associates, facilities associates, and equipment operators.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES) May Not Be All Inclusive
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other associates.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty successfully.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN THIS FACILITY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Associates must obey all safety rules.
- Associates must follow all QSR (GMP) regulations.
- Associates must cooperate fully with the safety and environmental program.
- Associates may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to himself/herself or others. The “Essential Functions” and “Other Functions” listed in this description do not restrict the addition or deletion of any other responsibilities to this position.
- Management reserves the right to change any and all job descriptions without notice as business conditions dictate.
- All associates are expected to know and adhere to the Becton Dickinson Core Values which are:
-We treat each other with respect.
-We do what is right.
-We always seek to improve.
-We accept personal responsibility.Lead engineering projects to improve plant capabilities through new or improved processes, technology and equipment while also providing engineering and technical support.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Holdrege
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.