Bulking Formulation Operator 3
Job Description SummaryResponsible for preparation of materials to support downstream manufacturing operations. May operate specialty preparation equipment. Weighs, measures and checks raw materials to ensure batches manufactured contain proper ingredients and accurate proportions following approved procedure. Assists with in process testing to ensure batches meet specifications. Responsible for validating processes and equipment directly related to filtration, cleaning and sterilization. Responsible for the removal and disposal of waste chemicals, solvents and acids. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves complex issues associated with bulking/formulation operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Weighs, measures and checks raw materials to ensure batches manufactured contain proper ingredients
- Performs simple analytical tests (pH, conductivity, and absorbance)
- Performs routine cleaning of processing equipment
- Handles hazardous waste as appropriate
- Assists with inventory counting activities as required
- Inspects in-process parts to ensure consistent quality and remove defective product, packaging, and component material
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate documentation of all manufacturing activities performed
- Monitors meters, gauges, temperatures, pressures, and related controls
- Plans and controls timing of operations
- Generates reports, graphs, and other data
- Ensures accurate proportions of batches following approved procedure
- Interprets complex drawings, diagrams, charts and specifications
- Performs complex work to close tolerances, high quality and accuracy
- Makes effective decisions relative to position requirements
- Evaluates operating process equipment and implantation to ensure constant compliance with standard manufacturing practices (SMP)
- Uses independent judgment in troubleshooting and problem solving under little/no supervision
- May develop weekly production plans coordinating resources (raw materials) and communicating relative priority to downstream parties
- Provides support to lead and/or supervisor when necessary
- May provide training support for on-boarding and/or new procedures
- May provide support on special projects
- Demonstrates the ability to follow established procedures according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Must follow all BD housekeeping policies and procedures
- Must follow all BD safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet BD business requirements
- Perform other duties as required
Note: This is a 12 hr work day., rotating 2 on 2 off 3 on 2 off every other week.
Team 1, HVPPM. 250 Shilling Cir.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Hunt Valley
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ