Machine Operator 2
Job Description SummaryJob Overview
Performs routine set up, operation, minor routine maintenance, preventative maintenance (PM) and troubleshooting of moderately complex/automated manufacturing equipment. Controls and adjusts machine settings. Inspects in-process parts to ensure consistent quality and removes defective product, packaging, and component material. Assists with root-cause analysis activities for process or product exceptions. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. May monitor quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Ensures accurate documentation of all relevant quality, safety, and maintenance documents. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves basic issues associated with the machine performance and/or product quality.
Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 05:30 - 14:00
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works within standards and operating procedures to plan, perform, and make decisions regarding the set up and operations of a variety of production equipment, including automated machine processes and controls to perform routine assembly-line production functions of filling, packing, assembling, labeling and inspecting
- Uses independent judgment in troubleshooting and problem solving under general supervision
- May perform clean up functions in sterilized areas
- Identifies the need for minor equipment repairs
- May analyze and evaluate charts, follows simple diagrams, testing, and inspecting procedures
- Assists with root-cause analysis activities for process or product exceptions
- May monitor quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Ensures accurate documentation of all relevant quality, safety, and maintenance documents. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves basic issues associated with the machine performance and/or product quality.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow established procedures according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Must follow all BD housekeeping policies and procedures
- Must follow all BD safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet BD business requirements
- Perform other duties as required
- High school with 2 years manufacturing. Experience in a regulated environment preferred.
- AA technical degree with 0 years’ experience
- Can effectively work in a team setting and communicate effectively across the department
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be punctual in order to ensure production
- Ability to work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature with the skill to recognize any deviations from specification
- Ability to operate independently within the constraints of approved process-related documentation
- Must be proficient in English with the ability to read, write, analyze/evaluate charts, follow simple diagrams and perform basic arithmetic
- Basic proficiency with PCs (Personal Computers) and basic use of a Windows environment is required
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Hunt Valley
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 530am-2pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ