Maintenance Technician 3
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
The Maintenance Technician performs mechanical, pneumatic and electrical maintenance (including preventive) repairs, adjustments, inspection and monitoring of production and/or facilities related equipment and machinery. Uses judgment and consultation to analyze, troubleshoot and repair complex equipment and machinery. Works with general supervision. Prioritizes own work schedule. Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, diagrams, and equipment specifications. May provide guidance to floor personnel and/or less experienced technicians. Responsible for preventive maintenance scheduling. Supports installation and removal of equipment, and performance of required corrective maintenance. Effectively works in a team setting, supporting team goals and objectives. Make effective decisions relative to position requirements.
- Uses judgment to plan, perform, make decisions, troubleshoot and problem solve in performance of all maintenance tasks.
- Prioritizes daily work assignments to meet production needs and department goals.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance scheduling, completion of work orders and tasks as assigned. Works with general supervision.
- Works with external contractors and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal and written) to external contractors and vendors.
- Using mechanical, pneumatic and electrical skills, must analyze, troubleshoot and repair complex equipment and machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, schematics, blueprints, diagrams and equipment specifications.
- Flexible and adaptable in working with/on a variety of equipment, processes, projects or assignments.
- Understanding and use of trades mathematics, calibration techniques, and precision measuring instruments essential.
- Constant mental and visual attention performing moderately complex work requiring close limits of accuracy and tolerances.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, moving of equipment and machinery up to 60 lbs. Frequently.
- May work in awkward and difficult positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Use of a Personal Computer
- Troubleshooting of Industrial Control Systems (instrumentation, ladder logic, relay logic, vfd, servo etc.)
- Sensor technology
- Basic plumbing (fluid and pneumatic)
- Power transmission
- Basic machining
- Electrical troubleshooting of circuits from low level signals up to 480 VAC.
Additional experience in the following areas is preferred:
- SAP maintenance module or equivalent computerized system
- Vision systems
- Vacuum systems and pumps
- High School Diploma
- 4 years of Maintenance Technician experience required or Trade School/Certification + 2 years of Maintenance Technician experience.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Hunt Valley
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ