Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Sr. Engineer supports the key business objectives of the assigned plant (Growth, Profitability, and Innovation). Through production support and assigned plant specific projects, the associate drives activities to deliver upon these objectives. Through the execution of deliverables, the Sr. Engineer is proficient with and capable of performing in many key areas defining the duties and responsibilities of this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solving Manufacturing Issues and general floor support across production lines and application of Transfer Functions during troubleshooting and production support (i.e. Statistical Tolerance Analysis, Design for Six Sigma)
- Project Management leadership in areas focusing on material cost reduction and other plant efficiency efforts
- Core Team Member Representation in assigned plant. Proven track record to put in place efficient plans to achieve production requirements.
- Implementation of BD Processes, which include Deviations, Engineering Change Orders. CAPA execution
- Ensuring adherence to Engineering Standards such as ASME Y15.4
- Ensuring compliance with ISO, FDA, and cGMP
- Design and facilitate equipment repairs, modifications, and upgrades using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software such as SolidWorks
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Provide direction to and aid in the development of maintenance technicians
- Monitor and analyze production processes, methods and downtime data to provide management with the information needed to determine future requirements for the manufacturing process
- Coordinate equipment maintenance, repair services, and make sure that manufacturer's procedures and instructions are followed in order to keep production equipment operational
- Identify areas for continuous improvement
- Coordinate and prioritize assignments providing direction to and participation in assigned functional teams; accomplish results
- Ability to represent functional and operational organizations with transparency and lead conflict resolution in wide variety of settings - liaison with partners concerning operational or project deliverables
- Supports and motivates change within function
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate or incumbent must have manufacturing engineering experience as follows:
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good information technology skills
- Commercial awareness relative to discipline
- Knowledge of equipment for purchase, installation and repair
- Hands-on working with production equipment
- Knowledge of tool design and manufacturing methods
- Manufacturing and design of equipment – ability to troubleshoot issues with equipment
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication across all levels
- Capable to lead customer initiatives
- General knowledge and understanding of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR 820 and International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety and environmental standards
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Fabrication Methods such as Castings, Injection Molding, Sheet Metal, Machined components
- Understanding of Manufacturing Statistical methods, such as process capability and Design of Experiments
- Proficient in the understanding of all GD&T specifications
- Technical Writing skills as applied to manufacturing documentation and process development. Proficient in creation and revision of user documentation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with 5 years
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Hunt Valley
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.