Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryYou are expected to work closely with the Country Lead and play a strategic role in identifying and managing high impact opportunities (B2B Key Accounts) within the sales channel vertical.
The success of this role will rely largely on your ability to shape sales strategies and initiatives to lead the sales process, drive account conversions and develop key relationships within priority accounts through Key Stakeholders and C-Suites engagement.
Who We Are
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare sector. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.
Build and Maintain Strategic Relationships with B2B Accounts and Government Institutions.
- Develop and maintain a strong Senior/C-Suite level relationships with assigned accounts and work with them to identify and qualify new business opportunities
- Identify and develop ongoing mutual opportunities for sales growth with assigned accounts
- Actively seek to understand the assigned account’s strategic priorities and develop appropriate value-added programs for them with a focus on holistic solution selling (i.e., packaging complementary products across business units as a holistic solution)
- Develop B2B and Government Institution Strategic plan in collaboration with other functions within the organization (ie. Marketing, Comm Ops, Channel)
- Manage the Sales Budget and improve Profitability for the designated Key Accounts through better product portfolio management
- Lead all aspects of the sales process across the sales funnel, including demand generation, conversion, and after-sales
- Maintains an updated sales funnel and participates in regular sales reviews and also maintains data and information relevant to key accounts for the purpose of conducting analyses that influence account-specific decision making.
- Effectively drive growth within assigned accounts (e.g., selling new or additional products or services to current buyers; and/or finding additional buyers within the existing customer location; and/or selling additional customer locations)
- Effectively use data to drive strategic decision making on sales pursuits
Sales Strategy Development (inclusive of sales forecasts)
- Develop B2B and Government Institution Strategy in collaboration with other functions within the organization (ie. Marketing, Comm Ops, Channel)
- Refine and implement sales improvement initiatives at the country level in collaboration with Business Excellence
- Develop sales forecast, monitor performance, and actively work towards addressing any gaps
Strengthening Sales Teams
- Manage a team of Account Manager for B2B Industrial and Government Institution
- Manage Commercial Aspect of Distributor for Industrial and Government Institution
- Leverage on the BD Way of Selling to ensure teams are engaging customers in a standardized way
- Act as a change leader to shape customer centric teams of the future
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will bring extensive experience and knowledge of the clinical and life sciences markets coupled with strong business acumen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Business/Marketing or Biological/ Medical Sciences/ Medical technology is required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant sales and/or key account management experience and 5+ years of managerial experience, preferably in a multinational pharmaceutical or healthcare company
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience with advanced degree
Expected Capabilities and Behaviours
- Determined individuals with proven track record in Biosimilar/Vaccines Commercial Sales & Marketing, leading Sales and Marketing strategies across pipelines, strategic partnerships, and teams supported by a good track record of negotiation skills in a complex environment
- Excellent management competencies including leadership and team building.
- Excellent financial and customer acumen. Great strategic influencers at all levels in the customer and internally across all functions.
- Experience with Biosimilar/Vaccines/Diagnostics industry as Sr. Manager in Sales/Marketing/Business Development
- Established network among key industry players (e.g., industry affiliate) that can be leveraged on to build strategic partnerships
- Strong commercial background and aptitude with the ability to build collaborative relationships and influence with good communicaton skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Exemplifies entrepreneurial growth mindset to support teams in the field and nurture fast growing customer bases
- Delivers a clear, compelling, and shared vision focused on delighting our customers
- Cultivates and nurtures an open, transparent, and psychologically safe environment
- Empowers teams through targeted coaching, delegation of responsibilities and actively removing barriers to high performance
- Self-motivated individual who is customer-focused and results-oriented through value add selling
- Self-driven, seeks continuous improvement and proactively thinks ahead
- Excellent command of Bahasa and English (i.e., written and spoken)
Why Join Us?
A career in BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions as well as empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. We embrace a growth mindset to build future-ready capabilities that will help you develop into the best version of yourself.
We offer clear pathways for your development, and pride ourselves on our rigorous talent processes that are inclusive and transparent. You will learn and work alongside inspirational servant leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centred and rewarding culture.
We are proud to offer a holistic and competitive Total Rewards package that is regularly benchmarked against other companies in our industry to ensure that it is associate-centric and flexible. You will earn rewards that can make a difference for you at work, at home and in your future, while driving BD’s overall success.
Primary Work LocationIDN Jakarta - Sudirman Square Office Towers
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing