Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryMaintenance Engineering is the discipline and profession of applying engineering concepts for the optimization of equipment, procedures, and departmental budgets to achieve better maintainability, reliability, and availability of equipment.
Role and Responsibility
1. Prepare annually budgetary.
2. Manage spare parts inventories.
3. Attend on-call and RMPM during weekend and shutdown.
4. Attend equipment breakdown.
5. Forecast overtime.
6. Works with TRIAD and vendors/suppliers.
7. Design jig or fixture when necessary
8. Participate in daily Gemba and presentations.
9. Prepare validation protocols/reports and others documentation – URS/FAT/IQ/OQ/PQ/CAPA.
1. Candidate must possess at least bachelor’s degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
2. Strong knowledge of electrical, control system and PLC.
3. Able to use various of measurement tools e.g., multimeter, vernier caliper, insulation tester.
4. Strong knowledge in schematic drawing (electrical, pneumatic, and piping system) and troubleshooting in the event of breakdown occurs.
5. Good communication both in English and Bahasa.
6. Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities, and organizational skills.
7. Able to work on shift if necessary (cover shift).
8. Know how to use tools and familiar with maintenance tools.
9. Hardworking and dedicated.
10. Hands on and a problem solver, with a strong interpersonal and communication skills.
11. Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Primary Work LocationMYS Kedah - Bard Kulim (Malaysia)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.