Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us continually improve how we do things every day; to be more efficient, more effective and better serve our customers. You’ll do this within an exceptional team all striving to make sure that everything we do complies with regulations and standards, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because our products impact people’s quality of life. Here, you’ll put your compliance experience, high expectations and attention to detail to the very best use: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummarySupervise all activities in the microbiology laboratory and implementation of the facility’s environment, pest control and all Microbiologist activity at Micro Laboratories
1. Responsible for overall management of Testing in Micro Laboratories.
2. Ensure Microbiologist are maintaining records, processing data and generating reports and memos to effectively communicate with relevant personnel.
3. Explore and develop new analytical methods or improve current test procedures/technologies.
4. Responsible for the maintenance and operations of the microbiology lab including supplies and equipment.
5. Maintain and update, when necessary, all lab procedures and BOPs for sterilization.
6. Responsible for the training of new Microbiologist and Lab technician (Lab).
7. Report on regular basis all laboratory and contract sterilization issues to the Head of Department.
8. Assure that contract sterilizer performs sterilization according to contract agreement and Good Manufacturing Practice.
9. Responsible for the review of all process documents submitted by contract sterilizer pertaining to sterilization of Bard’s finished product.
10. Assist superior in executing special projects or assignments
11. In projects involving product or process change, the Senior Quality Engineer (Lab) is a QA representative, responsible to evaluate the requirements for microbiological tests and impact on sterilization.
12. Prepare and adhere to annual budget for Microbiology
13. Authorized to approve sterilization documents for release of finished goods into the Store.
14. Perform any other relevant and related responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time as required by the Management.
15. Conduct Failure Investigations when applicable
Primary Work LocationMYS Kedah - Bard Kulim (Malaysia)
What makes a successful Quality Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
BD is unique in how fully dedicated it is to a specific disease state. It makes it clear how the work we do directly impacts the daily lives of the patients we serve.
Senior Director Quality Management
To know that our products touch 30 million people with diabetes around the globe is powerful and fuels our teams to deliver best in class products to them each and every day.
It is inspiring to see BD products to be used globally to advance human healthcare.
Manager Medical Laboratory