Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing project support to ensure reliability targets are achieved according to project plans. The reliability engineer should have a demonstrated broad technical base in all aspects of reliability engineering. The ideal candidate would have experience in electrical, mechanical and software engineering fundamentals, including PoF (Physics of Failure) understanding. The candidate will work closely with R&D members and be a sole contributor to conduct system and component level reliability activities for sustaining product and new product development within the franchise and division. The reliability engineer will have the technical skills necessary to effectively challenge the design concepts as they pertain to overall reliability.
An exciting part of the role includes opportunities to work on reliability initiatives for key R&D business critical projects. At the heart of reliability engineering is testing and we are looking for expertise that will help us become a Center of Excellence. The reliability engineer will lead troubleshooting and failure analysis investigation activities to determine design weaknesses and root-cause. Ideally the candidate will grow and be able to direct efforts of individuals around reliability process and deliverables.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, support, conduct and direct reliability engineering activities and apply advanced engineering knowledge to electro-mechanical devices
- Actively participate in design reviews and identify potential design reliability risks for key projects within UCC
- Develop reliability requirements for systems, sub-systems, and components
- Closely follow established design control procedures and documentation practices.
- Design/ develop/ debug accelerated life test fixtures (may require electrical, mechanical, and software experience)
- Plan and lead FRACAS process to help grow reliability
- Work with R&D to help determine and drive root-cause of failure analysis
- Design/ develop/ debug reliability demonstration test fixtures (may require electrical, mechanical, and software experience)
- Develop reliability test protocols and reports
- Use sound statistical methods for sample size estimation and data analysis
- Conduct reliability assessments and analysis
- Develop warranty & service plan offerings for product
- Drive techniques preventative maintenance analysis
- Work with the Sr. Manager of R&D to sustain and further develop the reliability program
- Promote and help grow a reliability culture within the franchise and division by working the UCC reliability engineering team, corporate CAE team and greater BD reliability members
- Collaborate within R&D department members and project manager to accomplish reliability activities per project schedule
- Interface with vendors, consultants, and customers. Provide guidance on the development of supply agreements as required.
- Conduct business with integrity and in accordance with BD’s Code of Ethics and all applicable policies, rules, and procedures.
- BS in engineering or a related technical field (i.e., physics, materials science, mathematics)
- Minimum 5-7 years experience as a Reliability Engineer performing duties abve
- Ability to work autonomously on projects and influence team without authority
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, analysis and quality/reliability tools (FMEA, FTA, HALT, RGT, FRACAS, DOE etc.)
- Proficient in statistical data analysis and experience using commercially available software tools (i.e., MiniTab, ReliaSoft, LabView, Matlab Simulink, basic programming) as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong capacity to analyze and solve problems with independent thinking
- Demonstrated presentation skills and the ability to interface with various levels of the organization to demonstrate value of reliability
- Well developed written and oral skills
- Experience with capital equipment, control systems & electromechanical test automation, software test validation, programming knowledge is desirable
At BD, we are strongly committed to investing in our associates—their well-being and development, and in providing rewards and recognition opportunities that promote a performance-based culture. We demonstrate this commitment by offering a valuable, competitive package of compensation and benefits programs which you can learn more about on our Careers Site under “Our Commitment to You”. The anticipated compensation range for this position is 81,300.00 - 134,100.00 and the compensation offered will depend on the candidate’s qualifications.
*BD follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE).
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CO - Louisville
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.