Associate Marketing Director
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
This role is responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans and programs in support of the MDS business objectives. The Associate Marketing Director will work closely with the marketing team, as well as other departments, to ensure that all marketing activities are aligned with the company’s overall strategy. They will also be responsible for managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all marketing initiatives are delivered on time and within budget.
- Serve as a marketing thought leader, developing and driving the strategy for multiple product platforms.
- Lead cross-functional teams in planning, organizing and successful executing of plans.
- Demonstrated strategic input in the achievement of the annual MDS revenue and gross profit targets for ANZ; input in achievement of OIBT business commitments by controlling expenses to meet budget guidelines, delivering marketing activities within agreed budget.
- Develop and implement long term marketing strategy; able to express vision for a segment over the long term by developing a strategy that leads or shapes the market; identifies ideas with strong strategic value.
- Correctly creates primary and secondary defensive strategies.
- Demonstrates proficiency in creating a pricing strategy.
- Demonstrates proficiency in creating a branding strategy.
- Creates and executes a success digital strategy.
- Lead the development, implementation and execution of commercial and product marketing strategies and plans to achieve the business unit objectives. This includes, but is not limited to: market analysis, assessment, segmentation, targeting and demand forecasting, product launches, pricing strategies, development of demand generation campaigns and development of sales tools.
- Work closely with the Sales (including BD Partner) and Clinical Managers in identifying key trends and critical concepts and translating them into the marketing strategy for the business. Collaborate with Sales and Clinical Managers to ensure execution of annual plans and achievement of financial goals.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with external stakeholders as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Guide marketing team through successful product launches.
- Manage and mentor a team of marketing professionals, providing guidance and feedback to help them grow in their careers.
- Stay up to date on latest marketing trends and best practices, and share insights with the team on how they can be applied to our business.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in Marketing or Business Administration or industry related discipline, MBA is a plus.
- Extensive experience as a marketing thought leader in the medical device / healthcare industry and/or in a consulting role.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams in planning, organizing and successful executing of plans.
- Possess a strong understanding of both Sales & Marketing
- Prior marketing experience within ANZ markets
- Experience creating and executing growth plans is essential
- Strong business acumen and results oriented
- Demonstrated skills in managing a formal budget; expertise in establishing/ achieving expense and/or program budget; linking promotion and/or advertising budgets to results.
- Excellent presentation skills, both oral and written
- Clinical AND OR Sales experience advantageous
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationAUS Sydney - North Ryde
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ