Warehouse I (Material Handler)
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Shift: Thursday-Saturday 5:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Unload inbound trucks, verify numbers and quantities, stack boxes onto specific pallet pattern.
Drive forklift and locate pallets into racks. Able to work between Covington and Madison plants as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential duties of the Warehouse Spore Placer are the following:
Exercise Safe lifting techniques when bending, lifting, and turning. Accept materials from other C.R. Bard divisions / departments for ethylene oxide sterilization. Verify the catalog numbers, lot numbers, quantities and expiration date as applicable and detailed in incoming procedures. Complete JD Edwards transactions utilizing IBM Data Collection scanners to receive product into Regional Sterilization. Assemble / Build sterilization loads according to defined palatalization diagrams. Place Biological Indicators (BI spores) into the sterilization load. Initiate the sterilization load record documentation. Locate materials into pallet / BIN locations. Operate inventory control system, where applicable. Maintain an acceptable work area as outlined per procedure and Quality System Regulations. Support buying and selling processes Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required..
- Certified to operate a forklift and manual or automatic hand truck and must pass Lift Drivers Test.
- Ability to work in a fast paced warehouse environment.
- Ability to read and interpret distribution documents and operational procedures / specifications.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction from supervisor.
Minimum EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED or 1 year of relevant experience required.
- 2-3 years of experience operating all material handling equipment especially a stand-up fork truck. (preferred)
- Must have good oral and written communication skills, to read and comprehend simple instructions in Basic English.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical computations and apply to various operational tasks.
- Position requires good logic and reasoning ability. Ability to define problems and find logical solutions. Must evaluate and resolve daily issues by exercising sound judgement.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Employee is required to meet with other personnel in other areas of building. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Must be free of any health conditions that would prohibit assignments to tasks that require heavy lifting, pulling, bending and or prolonged standing.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- During the performance of this job, the employee may be in hot and humid locations, near moving mechanical parts, high places, risk of electrical shock, work with explosive gas, toxic and caustic chemicals, or experience loud noise (maintenance shop, forklift equipment, and construction). Must be willing work “off” hours, as required.
- Additionally, must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Madison
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ