Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Manufacturing process risk identification, evaluation and mitigation for day to day operations, new product introduction and continuous improvement of the value stream. This position handles multiple projects/programs while keeping to key deadlines. The ideal candidate will integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities to address complex problems and non-standard situations. The candidate will act as a key contributor in a complex environment, and works independently with minimal guidance.
Other duties include but not limited to the following:
- Partners with Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Management and Operations to support existing value streams; implements and maintains process risk-based controls that drive validation / revalidation, provides statistical analysis, control plan generation, drives / supports OEE, CI, C2W, nonconformance, CAPA, compliant investigations, etc...
- Experience leading / creating PFMEA and Control plans; applying knowledge of product, process, and observations from operators.
- Apply statistics to make decisions
- Supports the development of test methods and validates test methods
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Lead / support internal and external validation (supplied component validations) activities for new products, processes, changes and transfers as required.
- Participate on project teams as a Core Team Member or Leader representing manufacturing Quality and or quality processes
- Develop and implement new quality processes for production and scale-up programs and ensure successful quality goals
- Process & Product Data - Maintains a working knowledge of new methods, equipment, product specifications, waste, costs, through put rate, and material costs. This technical data is to be used in the justifications of new equipment and cost reduction projects.
- Documentation - Prepares process descriptions and quality manufacturing specifications as required
- Manufacturing Quality Support - Provides technical guidance as needed to manufacturing and hourly technical personnel during the start-up of new or changed products and processes. Uses good decision making, problem solving and trouble-shooting techniques to minimize the potential or correct ongoing manufacturing quality issues.
- BS Degree Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- 5-10 years’ experience within a regulated environment
- ISO 13485:2016 - preferred
- ISO 14971:2012 - preferred
- Supplier / QS Auditing - preferred
- PPAP experience preferred
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA OK - Mannford
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.