Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Maintenance Tech position is primarily responsible for facilities and/or equipment maintenance for manufacturing operations and works without a high degree of supervision. 1st Shift. 7am - 3pm
The associate must have a strong passion for working on the production floor, be hands on, and drive preventative and predictive maintenance programs and continuous improvement. The associate must be able to communicate and work well within all levels of the organization and provide technical leadership to production. The associate must also be safety conscience and abide by all plant rules.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Essential / Key Job Responsibilities (including supervisory and/or fiscal):
- Responsible for facilities and/or equipment maintenance within plant.
- Build, repair, and replace equipment, components, and fixtures as required. Support all general equipment, fixtures, and processes as needed.
- Ensure process and equipment is safely producing high quality parts without unplanned down time.
- Support of all maintenance and project needs required from value stream teams or engineering (electrical, electronic, and mechanical).
- Responsible for visual management of MRO supplies to maintain facility/equipment.
- Must actively seek continuous improvement (quality, cost, safety) activities within support areas.
- Supports and/or leads timely production change over events.
- Must provide clear, accurate, and timely communication to production employees.
- Provides technical leadership to production employees on equipment and processes as required.
- Participates and may own 5S elements within facility and plant.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Serves as backup for other technicians where service and support are needed.
- May require working off shift or weekends.
- May be on-call for emergencies.
- Accountable for the execution of specific tasks and activities with oversight of a supervisor.
- Performs a variety of routine and non-routine work as assigned.
- Works within clearly defined SOPs and/or scientific methods and adheres to quality guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to use tools, instruments, and machines.
- Basic understanding of electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems.
- Critical thinking and basic math.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Demonstrated professional behavior.
- Aptitude to develop new skills.
- Serve plant with excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair complex systems (electrical, electronic, and mechanical).
- Vocational education or training.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Basic lean principles (OEE, TPM, 5S).
- Molding, machining, or related manufacturing experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to design and build components, fixtures, workstations, guarding, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience, minimum (or combination of work experience and technical training/education).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use sight, and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls, and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to verbally communicate with other associates. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open cubicle environment. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. BD is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA OK - Mannford
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 7am-3pm (United States of America)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.