Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Manufacturing Engineer II provides a broad level of engineering leadership and support across manufacturing operations to ensure products are produced at a high-quality level and with optimum efficiency to ensure customer satisfaction. The selected candidate will directly support introducing new manufacturing capabilities through equipment acquisition, installation and validation. Additionally, they will take responsibilities for ongoing process support through problem investigations, projects implementation and continuous improvement activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help drive a safety focused culture through implementation of safe processes and equipment.
- Leads, implements and supports installation and deployment of new manufacturing systems.
- Develop machine output capability, including throughput and repetitiveness regarding meeting / holding specification tolerances, machine process capability.
- Identify and implement changes to working methods or operation sequences that will minimize risks, costs, and waste; increase yields and productivity; and improve the quality and consistency of final products.
- Assist operations and technical staff with solutions to problems occurring in the manufacturing process and ongoing training and technical support. Document procedures and assist training employees who will operate the process.
- Implementation of BD Processes, which include Change Controls, Deviations, Engineering Change Orders, CAPA’s, etc.
- Plan and lead small / medium projects including:
- Internal improvement projects focusing on design changes, process improvements, outsourcing, material cost reduction, and other plant efficiency efforts. - Ability to identify project requirements and develop schedules
- Capital projects, including development of equipment specification, coordination of equipment runoffs, installation of equipment, management of outside contractors and related validation activities. Ensure projects’ timelines and budgets are met.
- Review and recommend TPM, PM, Proactive Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance Programs to prevent equipment failures and maximize machinery uptime.
- Passion for continuous improvement, effective prioritization, time management, and managing multiple tasks. This position requires you to work in the manufacturing environment with a hands on approach continuously working with team members for continuous improvement.
- Motivate others to accept process changes, sustain it and take ownership.
- Lead validation efforts writing and executing protocols; writing validation reports for new and existing equipment and processes.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- This position will require working in a manufacturing environment with a hand’s on approach working with team members for continuous improvement.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment with and ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Develop and present project concepts and justifications to team members including hourly and senior management.
- Excellent communication skills; fluency with reading, writing and speaking the English language. Technical Writing skills as applied to manufacturing documentation and process development
- Experience working in a high volume, automated manufacturing environment
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment; preferably Medical Device
- Experience in equipment acceptance and validation testing, including protocol development, conducting tests, and data interpretation.
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including Visio; MS Project is a plus; Minitab is a plus.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in a technical/engineering discipline
- 3-5 years relevant industrial experience and/or combination of post-BS education and experience
Additional Beneficial Qualifications:
Skills and experience with any of these additional qualifications will be beneficial to success in the role
- Six Sigma training / certification and/or LEAN training.
- Experience coordinating equipment vendors, writing equipment specifications and operating procedures.
- Machine design experience including relevant proficiency with CAD systems (Solid Works, Inventor, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Electrical Troubleshooting and Diagnosis
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Mebane
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.