Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The ideal candidate is an RN with extensive ICU/CCU experience, nursing leadership experience and desire to work in industry. Duties include the support of clinical procedures relating to temperature management. The primary responsibility is clinical education in acute care hospital’s critical care areas. The position involves working closely with nursing leaders, physicians and care givers in intensive care areas as well as Bard sales professionals in specific locations.
- Use existing tools and guidelines to provide clear product education
- Assimilate current research in order to master data on cooling procedures
- Communicate professionally with Nurse Managers, Clinical Specialists, Clinical Educators, Staff Nurses and Physicians such as Intensivists, Neurointensivists, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Cardiologists, Emergency Physicians, etc.
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of a growing business
- Assist with internal quality/process improvement efforts
- Keep up to date on care of the critically ill patient: Specifically, the acutely neurologically impaired patient and victims of sudden cardiac arrest in patients of all ages
- Attend assigned national conferences & exhibitions
- Make prudent economic decisions regarding travel
- Maintain personal schedule
- Understand and abide by FDA guidelines for manufacturers
- Must comply with hospital rules and requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing. Must be a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of 5 years of Critical Care Nursing. Nursing education experience is required
- Demonstrated excellence in customer relations, problem solving and mastery of technical and clinical aspects of targeted temperature management
- Currently licensed RN with BSN or BS and Critical Care experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to work with internal team members and customers
- Must be willing to travel up to 70%/week
- Must have teaching experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must have the ability to develop collegial relationships with physicians and nurses
- Must have a strong work ethic; must be a “self starter”
- Must possess a positive “can-do” attitude
- Must have evidence of being a team player and working well with others
- Must be able to synthesize evidence based research
- Must be able to drive to hospitals and accounts
- Professional attire required for conferences and hospital visits
- In-town/out-of-town travel and overnight stays approximately 70%.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Work schedule will vary.
- Carrying, transporting of training materials to appropriate locations.
- Standing, when working trade shows and performing training.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CO - Louisville
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing