Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Account Executive is responsible for selling and total account management activities for all products within the IDS Product Portfolio in hospitals and reference labs within the assigned territory.
Account Executive, Integrated Diagnostic Solutions - Southeast Florida
- Develops and implements a territory and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers to achieve the growth targets of the entire IDS portfolio within the assigned region. Leads the development of an account plan specific to each hospital’s economic business drivers.
- Effectively deploys clinically relevant product features / benefits and economic justification using existing selling tools as well as creating new tools specific to each customer situation to define the value of our product offerings. Coordinates all decision makers to arrive at a contractual purchase agreement for these products.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing the base revenue stream and insuring customer satisfaction through consistent and ongoing customer contact.
- Works effectively with BD customer facing associates (Product Specialists, Consumable Specialists, Lab Automation Specialists, National Accounts, Strategic Customer Group Leaders, Service Engineers, and Applications Specialists) as well as BD’s distribution partners to support the customer in growth and long-term retention activities.
- Attains or exceeds the overall sales plan and provide customer support for the entire IDS product portfolio (Manual Microbiology, Blood Culture, ID/AST, Specimen Management, Molecular Testing, Cytology, and Respiratory Testing).
- Recognized as the product expert for driving the specific growth of our BACTEC , MGIT and Phoenix products.
- Manages the sales process consisting of the clinical laboratory (micro, molecular, virology), infectious disease clinicians, nursing / phlebotomy and hospital administration (Laboratory Committee, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, IT, Senior Levels of Hospital Administration) in the assigned territory.
- Develops, documents, and drives the customer buying process through full utilization of a territory and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the growth of the assigned products.
- Calls on prospective customers, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information and demonstrations, prepare proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Effectively demonstrates the soft and hard costs associated with the product portfolio by persuading multiple decision makers and influencers to orchestrate a successful product conversion within the institution.
- Develops and closes accounts within the assigned geographic territory using a coordinated team selling model (Product Specialists, Consumable Specialists, Lab Automation Specialists, National Accounts, Strategic Customer Group, Service Engineers, and Applications Specialists, Distribution Partners, Applications Specialist, Field Service, and Marketing).
- Communicates and coordinates customer needs (inventory / supply chain updates, contract changes, competitive intelligence) to distributor to ensure account needs are met and or opportunities fully exploited.
- Prioritizes and initiates direct sales calls with distributors to protect existing sales and identify additional revenue opportunities.
- Forecasts activity and closes as required by management.
- Provides continuous support including post sales activities. Effectively communicate with the Service organization to coordinate a successful installation transitioning to the long term customer satisfaction of the product.
- Manages administrative duties as assigned: monitoring expenses to budget, timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, new contracts and renewals, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions.
- Lives the BD Values, including but not limited to, the BD Code of Conduct and AdvaMed rules.
- BA / BS in Life Sciences, biological areas, business or related discipline. Degree in Medical Technology (MT ASCP) or Microbiology preferred.
- Minimum 3 years documented sales success (top 20%) in broad range laboratory products with minimum 4 years of demonstrated clinical laboratory and / or multi-level selling experience preferred.
- A combination of clinical market sales, financial or technical selling experience required.
- Capital equipment experience strongly preferred.
- Experience attaining or exceeding overall sales plan profitability, as well as, other assigned goals and objectives
- Knowledge of selling process and the components to build / maintain customer loyalty.
- Preparation, presentation and closing skills to include direct sales, use of distribution channel and/or team selling approach.
- Strong organizational skills. Territory management, account assessment and relationship development. Analytical with financial orientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget, and expense management.
- Ability to develop markets for new technology and new medical practices.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal interaction required.
- Computer savvy – working knowledge of MS Office applications, iOS and / or other connectivity devices.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Travel varies by region; must be able to travel 50-75%.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly preferred.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA FL - Miami
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing