Associate Territory Manager - Detroit, MI; Indianapolis, INApply Now Job ID R-335895 Date posted 04/17/2019
Job Description Summary
Associate Territory Manager - Detroit, MI; Indianapolis, IN
This position is entry level and will support a team of Territory Managers (TM). They will be responsible for achieving sales objectives through targeted customer interaction, training, product ordering, and general sales support. This position will have exposure to BD’s entire Vascular Access products with a primary focus to Safety IV Catheters, Accucath guidewire PIV's & PowerGlide midlines. The position may span across multiple territories.
- Support Sales Team in the field via field rides to gain exposure and learn from the ground up the sales process; listen and participate in sales calls to enhance sales skills.
- Attend sales training to learn BD’s vascular products to effectively provide support to TM's.
- Protect and grow BD Vascular Access Device portfolio. Primary emphasis on Safety IV Catheters, Accucath, and PowerGlide product categories.
- Provide customers product information and training.
- Informs customers of new and current pricing, backorders, and company policies.
- Effects comprehensive in-service of peripheral access products to all concerned individuals.
- Works closely with TM and Regional Business Manager (RBM) on planning and prioritization of sales calls, managing time effectively.
- Develops thorough knowledge of all peripheral access products.
- Works closely with and communicates daily with both TM and RBM, within assigned geography
- Informs TM and RBM of significant changes in customer accounts.
- Reports customer complaints in accordance with Vascular Access Device (VAD) complaint procedure.
- Complete all administrative duties associated with position in a timely fashion.
- Cultivating new and existing customers to establish long-term mutually beneficial relationships.
- Work a flexible work schedule and travel to meet the needs of VAD customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 0-4 years of outside sales experience or equivalency.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to relocate for available Territory Manager positions.
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills.
- Good judgment and professional behavior
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, medical and vascular terminology.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build and sustain professional relationships with hospital, other sales and home office personnel.
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Similar Job Openings Nearby
Join our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about career opportunities, news and events.Sign up
Find Your Role
Select a job category, location or group to view its corresponding jobs.
Jobs By Category
- Accounting Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Application Development Jobs
- Bio Technology Jobs
- Business Development - M&A Jobs
- Communications and Public Relations Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Customer Support Jobs
- Drafting Engineering Jobs
- eCommerce Jobs
- EHS Jobs
- Engineering Jobs
- Ethics & Compliance Jobs
- Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- Field Service Engineer Jobs
- Finance Jobs
- Financial Systems Jobs
- HEOR Jobs
- Human Resources Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Machine Operator Jobs
- Manufacturing Jobs
- Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
- Medical Affairs Jobs
- Other Engineering Jobs
- Procurement Jobs
- Product Engineer Jobs
- Product Stewardship Jobs
- Production Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Project Management Jobs
- Public Affairs Jobs
- Purchasing Jobs
- Quality Jobs
- Quality Engineer Jobs
- Quality Intern Jobs
- R&D Intern Jobs
- Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- Research and Development Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Sales & Marketing Management Jobs
- Sales Intern Jobs
- Software Engineer Jobs
- Supply Chain Jobs
- Systems Engineering Jobs
- Technical Writing Jobs
- UX/UI Jobs
Jobs by Category + Location
- New Jersey Machine Operator Jobs
- New Jersey Sales Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Jobs
- New Jersey Production Jobs
- New Jersey Marketing Jobs
- New Jersey Bio Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Product Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Supply Chain Jobs
- New Jersey Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Customer Support Jobs
- New Jersey Professional Services Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Project Management Jobs
- New Jersey Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Software Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- New Jersey Research and Development Jobs
- New Jersey Finance Jobs
- New Jersey Medical Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Administrative Jobs
- New Jersey Information Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Accounting Jobs
- New Jersey EHS Jobs
- New Jersey Systems Engineering Jobs
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org