Field Service Engineer - Detroit, MIApply Now Job ID R-332162 Date posted 03/08/2019
Job Description SummaryBD, a leading global medical technology company that makes and sells medical devices, instrumented systems and reagents, is dedicated to improving people’s health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug therapy, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. The Company’s capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world’s most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs more than 25,000 people in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, industry and the general public.BD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that includes, but is not limited to support of installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, removals and other support needed; after hour phone support, holiday and weekend on-site and phone support, as well as support of Marketing, exhibitions, and clinical trials.
Engineers will be expected to be committed to GMP, ISO, and Quality Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
- Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service. Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs.
- Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in accordance with current GMP requirements.
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
- Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and sites visits. Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the Service Center and System Support Engineering Manager.
- Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by current corporate fleet policy.
- Maintain company vehicle as prescribed by fleet vehicle contractor requirements, as well as maintain vehicle cleanliness and organization at all times.
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Must be flexible and meet travel needs based on the business needs
- Required to complete all administrative documentation required by the position in a timely basis.
- May be required to be available 24x7 via phone or pager and rotate in schedule of on-call status
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously improves the team processes to create a more efficient work environment
- The ideal candidate would be a Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET), possess an A.A.S. in Biomedical / Electronics Technology with at least 4 years of Biomedical experience. Individual must possess good communication and customer service skills, needs to be able to function with little supervision.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering is desired.
- Requires a good working knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical devices. Some robotics experience is a plus.
- Must have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing and training.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization and administrative skills.
- Minimum 4 years of recent relevant field service experience in servicing complex electronics also required.
- Experience with medical devices and equipment, PCs/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is highly desirable.
- PC-based equipment and application software knowledge highly desirable.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs frequently and up to 70lbs infrequently
- Must be able to handle bending and stooping over a prolong period of time (up to 10 hours)
- Must be able to handle prolong standing (up to 10 hours per day)
- Must be able to push/pull materials up to 100lbs
- Must wear all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required by company guidelines
Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their respect
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates on his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broad range of activities
Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others doing what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company product or technical knowledge.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 830am-5pm (United States of America)
Join our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about career opportunities, news and events.Sign up
Find Your Role
Select a job category, location or group to view its corresponding jobs.
Jobs By Category
- Accounting Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Application Development Jobs
- Bio Technology Jobs
- Business Development - M&A Jobs
- Communications and Public Relations Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Customer Support Jobs
- Drafting Engineering Jobs
- eCommerce Jobs
- EHS Jobs
- Engineering Jobs
- Ethics & Compliance Jobs
- Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- Field Service Engineer Jobs
- Finance Jobs
- Financial Systems Jobs
- HEOR Jobs
- Human Resources Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Machine Operator Jobs
- Manufacturing Jobs
- Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
- Medical Affairs Jobs
- Other Engineering Jobs
- Procurement Jobs
- Product Engineer Jobs
- Product Stewardship Jobs
- Production Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Project Management Jobs
- Public Affairs Jobs
- Purchasing Jobs
- Quality Jobs
- Quality Engineer Jobs
- Quality Intern Jobs
- R&D Intern Jobs
- Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- Research and Development Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Sales & Marketing Management Jobs
- Sales Intern Jobs
- Software Engineer Jobs
- Supply Chain Jobs
- Systems Engineering Jobs
- Technical Writing Jobs
- UX/UI Jobs
Jobs by Category + Location
- New Jersey Machine Operator Jobs
- New Jersey Sales Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Jobs
- New Jersey Production Jobs
- New Jersey Marketing Jobs
- New Jersey Bio Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Product Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Supply Chain Jobs
- New Jersey Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Customer Support Jobs
- New Jersey Professional Services Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Project Management Jobs
- New Jersey Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Software Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- New Jersey Research and Development Jobs
- New Jersey Finance Jobs
- New Jersey Medical Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Administrative Jobs
- New Jersey Information Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Accounting Jobs
- New Jersey EHS Jobs
- New Jersey Systems Engineering Jobs
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org