Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us continually improve how we do things every day; to be more efficient, more effective and better serve our customers. You’ll do this within an exceptional team all striving to make sure that everything we do complies with regulations and standards, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because our products impact people’s quality of life. Here, you’ll put your compliance experience, high expectations and attention to detail to the very best use: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role:
Reporting to Associate Director, Quality Management, this position is primarily responsible to oversee the BD – Canada corrective/preventative action and non-conformance (QNs) processes, ensuring that BD – Canada aligns with Canadian regulations and BD corporate quality management and compliance directives. This position is also responsible to support BD Canada, Regional, and Corporate initiatives towards QMS harmonization, and support the team with other QMS tasks or related to transition.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Execute and maintain the BD Quality Management System (QMS) elements, with primary responsibility of overseeing the corrective/preventative action program (CAPAs) and non-conformances (QNs).
- Coordinate activities and act as main Quality contact for the servicing team QMS support for tool calibration and out of tolerance investigation.
- Continuously supervise the performance of quality systems (primarily CAPAs, and QNs) through defined metrics, report the results to management, and when needed, establish corrective and/or improvement actions ensuring they are executed in a timely manner.
- Establish and manage Quality system and procedural requirements as per BD corporate policies and procedures, applicable Health Canada regulation and ISO standard.
- Develop and execute on a plan that identifies activities crucial to successful transition to Regional QMS, while assuring business continuity.
- Play an active role in supporting BD corporate and BD Canada initiatives as well as alignment of improvement capability to continual improvement/optimization of elements of the Quality System beyond basic regulatory compliance to provide greater value to the business and its customers.
- Play an active role in overseeing BD – Canada Corrective/Preventive Action System and, direct responsibility for root cause analysis, prioritizing and implementing corrective and preventive actions relevant to the efficiency of the business Quality System to meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Provide support and/or act as back up for electronic systems (E.g. SAP, TrackWise, JDE), instrument servicing organization, and various Distribution Center (DC) activities. Support the DC and servicing organization activities from a Quality perspective including product hold, release, pest control and cleaning oversight, and other activities as required.
- Hold self and others accountable to deliver on commitments
- Strong functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Effective influencing skills to gain support from others and seek win/win solutions
- Effective and timely decision making, problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Customer Focus - dedicated to meeting needs and expectations of internal and external customers
- Strong organization and time management skills to balance multiple activities
- Sharing of Best Practices Across DC Network / Manufacturing Sites
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in life sciences or related field
- 5-7 years Quality experience in medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in SAP and TrackWise environments preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Canadian Medical Devices Regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Knowledge and experience with ISO13485:2016
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture based on your feedback in the Trust Index® survey, and we've just published the news about us on their social media channels. You can check these out here. And if you think your friends and networks would be interested in knowing more about your workplace, sharing these posts is a great way to give them some insight!
Becton Dickinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from individuals with a wide range of abilities and provide an accessible candidate experience. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Canadian Human Rights Act, Becton Dickinson will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) you require by contacting HR at 1-855-234-3577.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationCAN Mississauga - Derry Road West
What makes a successful Quality Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
BD is unique in how fully dedicated it is to a specific disease state. It makes it clear how the work we do directly impacts the daily lives of the patients we serve.
Senior Director Quality Management
To know that our products touch 30 million people with diabetes around the globe is powerful and fuels our teams to deliver best in class products to them each and every day.
It is inspiring to see BD products to be used globally to advance human healthcare.
Manager Medical Laboratory