Cost Analyst (Moncks Corner, SC)
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced and rewarding work environment. Reporting to the Cost Manager of Moncks Corner, the Cost Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting Operations Finance for the Urology & Critical Care division and assists in month-end closings, reporting, budget preparation, forecasting, and monthly consolidations of KPI’s and reporting relative to UCC Operations Finance.
- Coordinates and participates in the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for monthly production reporting and analysis around Volume, Efficiency, Scrap and Inventory with commentary on key drivers
- Coordinates and participates in monthly cycle counts and the annual inventory physical
- Work with Cost Manager and Engineering to review BOMs and Route changes
- Leads monthly spending reviews with departments and anticipates future spending.
- Provides detailed explanations and analyses on departmental spending and key drivers vs. budget and forecast on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Performs month end duties necessary for closing the books
- Books necessary journal entries/accruals.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Conducts ad hoc projects or analyses
The ideal candidate will meet these qualifications
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of relevant experience required, manufacturing industry preferred, but not required.
- CPA / CMA / MBA or equivalent or working toward qualification is desirable.
- Candidate should be well organized and possess good analytical and communication skills.
- Candidate must be highly proficient working with Microsoft Excel and reasonably proficient with other common applications such as MS Access, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS PowerBI; working knowledge of JDE and BPC is desirable, but not required.
- Self-driven, proactive and seeks continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed, challenging environment with strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external, and at remote locations.
- Willing to relocate for further opportunities within the company.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Up to 12 company paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to the BD Healthy Lives Program, Employee Assistance Programs, and additional support resources!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
#LI - PRO
Primary Work LocationUSA SC - Moncks Corner
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ