Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Clinical Manager, Product Training and Education for Urology & Critical Care is responsible for the coordination and administration of all aspects of ongoing and future product training programs including planning, organizing, leading, and maintaining program activities.
The Clinical Manager is responsible for ensuring customers have been afforded the opportunity to complete Bard product training. The specialist will work in partnership sales and marketing to meet company sales goals. The specialist will train according to company compliance standards and bears the responsibility of delivering live and electronic training programs. These programs will meet the needs of all customers both internal, (i.e. TMs, DMs, Marketing, Regulatory, Internal Training and Education) and external (i.e. Current and Potential Customers of BARD, Professional Organizations, KOLs).
In addition to providing product training, the specialist will conduct product training assessments. The assessments include collection of information regarding the use of Bard products, analyses, presentations, and training that meets/exceeds customer satisfaction and enhances company sales goals.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Clinical Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Plan the delivery of the overall programs and activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of Bard Medical (the organization)
- Carry out new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Utilize program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Maintain forms and records to document program activities (SalesForce)
- Communicate with stakeholders to gain support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with hospital leadership to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Develop product training plans accordingly, including hospital team members as needed.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual assessments according to the AIM program framework
- Maintain personal travel budget as a segment of the overall Training Specialist team budget.
- Maintain ICC budget
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
- Maintain knowledge and expertise as product specialist for entire Bard Medical product line. Focus on urological drainage and stool management
- Responsibility for scheduling time in accounts with sales partner. Must demonstrate use of time efficiently.
- Responsibility for meeting the needs of all customers both internal, i.e. TMs, DM’s, Marketing, Regulatory, Internal Training and Education) and external (i.e. Current and Potential Customers of BARD, Professional Organizations, KOLs).
- Able to function independently with minimal guidance or supervision. Excellent listening and communication skills. Ability to work in sales environment with sales team. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to collect, analyze and present clinical data. Must be proficient with computer (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Multi-task oriented. Able to manage multiple customer accounts with strong organizational skills. Able to assess problems and overcome objections.
- Professional attitude and appropriate business and clinical judgment in all aspects of this position.
- Prefer experience using and teaching the use of Bard products.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- College graduate or equivalent. Require license as a Registered Nurse.
- Three (3+) years of patient care experience. Hospital ICU/CCU/ED, leadership roles, committee presence, and/or charge nurse experience a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, business correspondence and memos. Ability to compose basic correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one or small group situations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited direction has been given. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral format.
The Clinical Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects up to 50 lbs. Work schedule may vary with multiple shifts included. Standing for long periods of time may also be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Schedule will vary and covering multiple shifts may be necessary at times.
- Travel includes driving, flying and overnights in hotels. Travel may be up to 80%.
- This position requires working within hospitals and a home based office.
For many roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Covington BMD
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing