Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummarySummary:
The BD Biosciences Research Reagent Sales Specialist (RSS) is responsible to maintain and grow the current Academic, Pharma, Biotech, CRO, Clinical Research and Government customer base.
Primary responsibilities include developing and creating new business opportunities through promoting the reagent portfolio, working strategically with their Instrument Sales Specialist, the Custom Technology Team, Applications Specialists, Service Team and Distribution Representatives. The RSS will actively seek to retain/develop our large key accounts and convert competitive business in assigned territory, with the intent of growing revenue while balancing reasonable margins. The RSS reports to the Area Sales Director (ASD) and is directly responsible for achieving their territory sales growth.
- Meet weekly with customers, focusing on key accounts and large business opportunities.
- Develop Territory Business Plan to achieve sales goals.
- Utilize business systems and tools to effectively forecast monthly sales for key accounts and overall territory.
- Manage territory activities through Salesforce.com, including, but not limited to, tracking customer interactions, and pricing/quotation requests.
- Develop and maintain adequate short/long term sales pipeline to consistently generate profitable revenue.
- Achieve revenue goals by growing existing customer bases as well as conversions of competitive accounts.
- Work with the Area Sales Director and Instrument Sales Specialist to build growth business plans around Strategic Accounts.
- Build team relationships with other BD Biosciences Associates, including Sales, Service, and Applications Support to maximize sales revenues and promote customer-focused system solutions.
- Develop and maintain one-on-one relationship with key distributor sales reps within assigned areas.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, in a scientific discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in sales or other customer-facing position, preferably in the Life Sciences marketplace.
- Hands on laboratory experience, highly preferred in flow cytometry.
- A valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of the time.
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Effective selling and negotiation skills.
- BS Degree in Biology or other Medical/Life Sciences-related discipline
- Familiarity with Life Science Research, Clinical Immunology, Hematology.
- Previous Flow Cytometry knowledge and experience highly preferred.
- Distribution experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of automated biomedical instrumentation, computer technology, and reagents.
- Ability to adapt to changing business environment and continually meet customer needs.
- Effective meeting, training, and presentation skills.
- Experience in managing both internal and external budgets and resources, conducting pre-call planning, and ability to prioritize and segment accounts.
- Effective decision making/problem-solving skills.
- Effective computer skills, i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SalesForce.com, etc.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing