Job Description Summary
To represent BD Peripheral Intervention in a specific geographical area assigned by the company, and take necessary action to attain sales objectives.
- Sells the entire product line to current and new accounts.
- Informs customers of new and current pricing, backorders, and company policies.
- Executes comprehensive in-service of products to all concerned individuals.
- Plans sales calls on a continuous basis, managing sales time effectively.
- Develops thorough knowledge of all products and clinical data.
- Informs District Manager of significant market changes and competitive activity.
- Achieves prompt, mutually satisfactory solutions to customer complaints.
- Analyzes customer needs and creates solutions.
- Maintains company automobile and company property.
- Completes and processes BD Peripheral Intervention reports including but not limited to: sales summary reports, expense reports, monthly product tracking reports, account targeting reports, and complaint reports in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Management or related area
- Two to three years outside sales experience or equivalency
- Demonstrated human relation and communication skills
- Product knowledge and all features and benefits of BD Peripheral Intervention products
- Surgical procedure knowledge, adequate to illustrate our product benefits
- Basic anatomy
- Medical and surgical terminology
- Thorough understanding of needs/analysis selling
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Understands contract administration
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ