Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryLab Automation (Kiestra) Application Specialist (Microbiology) - Field Sales Support
The Lab Automation Application Specialist is responsible for the implementation of project deliverables related to BD Kiestra™ Lab Automation product. Areas of work include, but are not limited to: pre-installation site planning, customer change management, support LIS connectivity, implementation support, and customer training. The LAAS will collaborate with the Lab Automation Project Manager, Sales, Service, and other members of the Clinical Solutions team to execute a comprehensive project plan.
This position is key to the success of the Lab Automation strategy and is required to drive a high level of coordination between the Sales, Projects/Applications, Service and Customer teams to ensure a smooth implementation at the customer site. The role focuses on bringing together the 3 areas of: Technical system implementation, Human Change management and Optimization of Lab Processes, in order to implement the Lab Automation products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
LAAS responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Configure Lab Automation products to work optimally with the lab work processes
- Train end-users in usage of the Lab Automation products
- Provide on-site support during validation and go-live project phase
- Execution of several Organizational Change workshops to engage the product end-users
- Lead implementation of LIS connectivity
- Participate in regular internal and external project team meetings
- Transfer product ownership to customer team
- Provide Second Level support for the Lab Automation instruments during product lifecycle
- Leading of standalone instrumentation implementation projects
- Support the Project Managers in the development of project plans and project schedules
- Regularly update the project team on the status of implementation tasks
- Identify implementation risks and communicate these to the Project Manager
- Troubleshoot and resolve minor Lab Automation product issues
- Assist in training new BD associates in operation of the instruments
- Will be cross-trained on other BD products such as Microbiology products
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the Microbiology laboratories processes and techniques
- Continuous improvement skills (Lean/six sigma)
- Proven leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of accomplishments in cross-functional projects/teams/programs
- Proven effective interpersonal skills; including effective communication and crisis/conflict resolution skills
- Consistent integrity in customer, cross-team/functional interactions with high concern for customer needs and expectations
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
- Willing and able to travel up to 75%
Education and Experience
- BS/BA Degree required, preferably in (Bio) Medical field
- Experience in hospital setting: supporting and troubleshooting Instrumentation and/or Laboratory Information Systems.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Technical, Clinical Training or Education environment
- Training in "Train-the-Trainer" methods, instructional design / development, adult educational methods desirable
Why join us?
A career at BD means joining a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally hardworking and committed to encouraging an expansive, growth-centered, and exciting environment. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is crafted to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing