Job Description SummaryThe EDC Transport Planner is a key player in fulfilling the EDC quality policy: “The European Distribution Center will consistently satisfy customer needs by delivering the right product, in good condition, on time, with the right documentation at the optimum workload balance”.
You will be responsible for the daily management and optimizations of mode and carrier selection for incoming outbound orders in line with customer requirements and with focus on freight optimization.
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure accurate and timely planning of all incoming orders according to existing service level agreements in the most optimal way:
- Optimize container / truck loads.
- Select the most optimal mode of transport (guided by traffic configuration table)
- Select the most optimal carrier (guided by list of awarded carriers per lane)
- Build warehouse and Transport shipments in ERP system
- Committed, pro-active attitude anticipates and takes action when necessary
- Communicative: able to communicate on a professional level, both written and spoken
- Customer focused: tries to get the best possible outcome for customers
- Result driven: delivers results that matter, is effective
- Continuous learning: doesn’t settle in, has a growth mindset.
- Fluent in Dutch / English
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationBEL Olen
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ