Associate Territory Manager - Phoenix, AZ
Job Description Summary
The primary responsibility of the Associate Territory Manager (ATM) is to convert urological accounts to Bard products/LINK Rx form and route through our internal 3rd party biller (LMS) within assigned geographic territory. ATMs will travel extensively to provide in-servicing, sampling and documentation collection support as needed throughout the territory. They will help drive sales revenue to meet territory targets and contribute to overall district and Home care success. The ATM role is designed to lead qualified and proven individuals to the position of Territory Manager. ATMs must be open to relocation to assume responsibility for an open territory. Additionally, they must conduct business with integrity and in accordance with BD’s Code of Ethics and all applicable policies, rules and procedures.
- Meets established quotas/expectations.
- Maintains regular contacts with key customers within the territory, including communication and support of company policies and product training programs.
- Manages territory resources to maximize sales, including time management/administrative duties and establishing and maintaining good customer relations.
- Performs customer education programs (in-services) as indicated and requested.
- Participates in District and National Training meetings, as well as individual study to develop and maintain thorough product knowledge, proper product use and application, selling skills and territory management skills.
- Develops and maintains open, positive and productive lines of communication with the home office staff, including, but not limited to, initiating market feedback, complying with procedures for reporting product problems, complying with Division and Corporate policies/procedures as outlined in the Territory Operations Manual and/or by Division Management.
- Controls expenses within the approved budget, i.e. stationery and office, telephone, samples, dealer and hospital relations, travel, meals and entertainment, and miscellaneous services.
- Completes requested and required administrative duties including weekly call reports, monthly results report and additional items as assigned.
- Develops and maintains accurate customer (account) files and communicate changes to home office.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 0 to 2 years of general sales experience or other relevant professional experience
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer with intermediate level of keyboarding skills, MS Excel, MS Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, professionalism, negotiating, coaching, and team building.
- Strong listening and assessment skills
- Strong questioning and problem-solving skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Covington BMD
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ