Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The ideal candidate is an RN with extensive ICU/CCU experience, nursing leadership experience, process/quality improvement experience, and desire to work in industry. Experience with CQI (continuous quality improvement) is highly desired. Six sigma certification desired. Sales experience desired. Duties include the support of clinical procedures and process/quality improvement activities relating to temperature management. Duties also include support and development of sustainable targeted temperature management (TTM) programs. The primary responsibility is TTM program development, refinement, and maintenance in acute care hospital and health system critical care areas. The position involves working closely with nursing leaders, physicians and care givers in intensive care areas as well as BD sales professionals in specific locations.
- Use existing tools and hospital protocols to provide clear product education
- Leverage the BD Arctic Sun Comprehensive TTM Solution to help hospitals optimize their TTM Programs.
- Communicate expertly with Nurse Managers, Clinical Specialists, Clinical Educators, Staff Nurses and Physicians such as Intensivists, Neurointensivists, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Cardiologists, Emergency Physicians, etc.
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of a growing business
- Assist with internal quality improvement efforts
- Keep up to date on care of the critically ill patient: Specifically, the neurologically impaired patient and victims of sudden cardiac arrest
- Attend assigned national conferences & exhibitions
- Make prudent economic decisions regarding travel
- Maintain personal schedule
- Understand and abide by FDA guidelines for manufacturers
- Must follow hospital rules and requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing. Must be a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of 3 years of Critical Care Nursing. Nursing education experience is required
- Proven excellence in customer relations, problem solving and proficiency in technical and clinical aspects of targeted temperature management
- Currently licensed RN with BSN or BS and Critical Care experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to work with internal team members and customers
- Must be willing to travel up to 70%/week
- Must have teaching experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must have the ability to develop collegial relationships with physicians and nurses
- Must have a strong work ethic; must be a “self starter”
- Must possess a positive “can-do” attitude
- Must have evidence of being a team player and working well with others
- Must be able to synthesize evidence based research
- Must be able to drive to hospitals and accounts
- Professional attire required for conferences and hospital visits
- In-town/out-of-town travel and overnight stays approximately 70%.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Work schedule will vary.
- Carrying, transporting of training materials to appropriate locations.
- Standing, when working trade shows and performing training.
This position works remotely. Frequent travel within the territory is required. Must be available for round the clock educational presentations within a designated area. Must be available for presentations at specified meetings and some national conferences
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
At BD, we are strongly committed to investing in our associates—their well-being and development, and in providing rewards and recognition opportunities that promote a performance-based culture.We demonstrate this commitment by offering a valuable, competitive package of compensation and benefits programs which you can learn more about on our Careers Site under “Our Commitment to You”. The anticipated compensation range for this position is 80,000-120,000 and the compensation offered will depend on the candidate’s qualifications.
*BD follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE).
Primary Work LocationUSA CO - Louisville
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing