Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryOur Peripheral Intervention (PI) business unit offers a comprehensive range of medical products, devices and services for the treatment of peripheral arterial and venous disease, cancer detection, and end-stage renal disease and maintenance.
As Regional Manager, this position will be responsible for leading and managing a sales team for Peripheral Intervention. The Regional Manager is responsible for achieving sales objectives commensurate with the marketing plan through effective management of personnel and resources.
- Lead and manage a sales team through effective management and leadership skills; coaching, mentoring and developing associates.
- Implements, directs, and controls district sales activities.
- Recommends, implements, and promotes contests and other incentive programs.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects sales personnel.
- Develops district personnel to assume increased responsibilities.
- Operates a district sales office and maintains pertinent records.
- Plans and conducts district sales meetings.
- Communicates with the Vice President of Sales on Pricing, product acceptance, and marketing strategies.
- Recommends changes in compensation for district personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management or related area
- Five years outside medical sales experience or equivalency.
- Demonstrated human relation and communications skills.
- Proven top 20% sales performance in multiple years, as well as successful proven track record of leading people and/or teams
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Must be able to travel frequently; up to 40%, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to motivate sales personnel.
- Knowledge of hospital buying practices and key influences.
- Working knowledge of management by objectives.
- Ability to direct sales representatives to achieve corporate goals.
- Able to get things done through others.
- Ability to evaluate personnel performance.
- Ability to council and coach sales personnel.
- Knowledge of medical products distribution systems.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
#LI - PRO
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing