Shipping Clerk/Welcome Center Associate
Job Description Summary
The Welcome Center Associate is responsible for the efficient day-to-day inbound/outbound carrier verification process. They must ensure that drivers have been properly identified and all shipping/receiving documents are complete and accurate. The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work that may be performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check in/out all containers in accordance with established parameters.
- Control inbound/outbound flows
- Perform container security check to confirm all safety/quality standards are met.
- Record door/yard assignments into the YMS and direct drivers to proper yard locations
- Confirm paperwork accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in tracking and reporting data pertinent to receipt/dispatch.
- Log all discrepancies, i.e. broken seals, and non-matching seals, notating date, time and BOL number, also obtain and record driver’s license number and sign-off.
- Must follow all safety instructions to maintain safe working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to train new hires on various warehouse functions.
- Must adhere to attendance policies.
- Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as outlined in SOP’s.
- Required to maintain current status in C2C training modules.
Safety and Security
- Associates are responsible for performing their job activities in a safe and reasonable manner and in accordance with safety requirements.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and conduct all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment.
- All injuries, accidents, unsafe acts, hazards or conditions must be reported immediately.
- Report any suspicious persons or activity.
- Understand organizational quality goals.
Sanitation and Housekeeping
- Maintain a clean and professional image.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the facility by following guidelines as outlined.
- He/she must maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area at all times.
- This associate may be provided with Hazmat training to include general awareness, function specific, security awareness, security plan and safety training.
- Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back up at times of absence or vacation.
- High School diploma, GED or 1 year relevant work experience.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks or project
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment.
- Ability to read and interpret distribution documents.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- May be required to operate MHE and use Voice/RF scan
- Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven environment.
- Basic analytical, organizational and prioritization skills.
- General distribution knowledge.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The associate may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting over 50lbs in some areas but not all. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment, exposure to precarious situations and potential temperature excursions. Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes/airborne particles. Employee must have normal field of vision corrected to 20/40 in each eye and must have hearing enough to safely operate material handling equipment in a manufacturing/distribution environment. This position requires a pre-employment physical exam.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer! We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status!
Primary Work LocationUSA IN - Plainfield
Work ShiftUS BD 3rd Shift 10pm-630am (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ