Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryWe require a Production Engineer to work as part of the manufacturing team, providing technical support to our assembly lines associated with the manufacture of medical device components. Main responsibilities will include:
• Attend to electro-mechanical Faults, Diagnosing and Repairing in a timely manner using methodical problem-solving approaches.
• Conduct Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and refurbish offline machinery and ancillaries.
• Ensures all manufacturing equipment is set up correctly and produces product according to established Quality Control specifications and standards and complies with HSE requirements.
• Continuous monitoring of line performance, pro-actively seeking out and rectifying bottlenecks and areas of waste.
• To support in the Installation and Validation of new equipment and technology and ensure a smooth and acceptable transfer to production.
WE ARE THE MAKERS OF POSSIBLE
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Compensation: £36,379 - £40,788 inclusive of shift premium*
*Shift preference to be discussed at interview.
These will be:
- 11-23 Continuous shift, 3 on, 3 off
- 23-11 Continuous shift, 3 on, 3 off
- Matched contribution Pension scheme up to 10% of salary
- Share save scheme – matched up to £150/month
- Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Reward & Recognition scheme linked to Health & safety and Continuous Improvement
- Employee Assistance Program, supporting the physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- 24 days holiday (25 after 5 years)
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme
- Subsidized canteen
- Free car parking
- Qualified electrical or mechanical technician, with a minimum level 2 qualification in a relevant engineering qualification.
- Manufacturing experience highly desirable.
- Organised and motivated to work pro-actively within a team to achieve results.
Become a maker of possible with us!
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27-acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team–orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationGBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.