Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryGENERAL FUNCTION:
The CAE Engineer II is an essential part of BD’s Corporate Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) team and will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the advancement of BD’s next generation medical products and enhance the current product portfolio. The CAE Engineer II, under the general direction of a Corporate CAE Manager, will apply engineering and physics-based simulation technologies to evaluate and optimize medical device functionality of new and existing product designs.
- Provide advanced nonlinear structural analysis in support of BD’s Medical, Interventional and Life Sciences product development applications.
- Utilize additional engineering tools (i.e. hand-calculations, DOE’s, optimizations) in conjunction with FEA and testing, to develop optimal solutions and obtain a more in-depth understanding of engineering problems.
- Maintain state-of-the-art CAE competencies in structural, thermal and fluid analysis through training courses, seminars, and industry conferences.
- Interact independently with product development teams to examine options and develop plans to leverage FEA tools and testing to optimize part performance.
- Promote and pursue collaborative partnerships within BD’s business R&D teams.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent, with demonstrated engineering skills. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience using finite element analysis software, preferably with ABAQUS and some working experience with computational fluid dynamics.
- Solid working knowledge of at least one or more commercial simulation tools (preferably ABAQUS, COMSOL or ANSYS Structural).
- Ideal candidate will also have some exposure to computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- Programming/scripting experience, preferably using Python and/or Matlab.
- Proven ability to work with engineering professionals at all levels and to communicate with others effectively.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on providing guidance and insights.
- Familiarity in using three-dimensional CAD solid modeling software packages, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experience in the medical industry is preferred.
- Thorough, accurate, and timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Adherence to all BD policies and procedures as well as any laws where applicable.
- Effective written and verbal communication with management, project teams, and multifunctional personnel on a timely basis.
- Work independently to identify actions needed to complete assignments and demonstrate a strong drive for results.
- Manage assignments in accordance with project prioritization.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Research Triangle Park
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.