Clinical Reserch Associate
Job Description Summary
The purpose of the Clinical Research Associate position is to provide Site Management and Study Monitoring for clinical studies conducted by Global Clinical Development. Clinical studies may range from simulated use studies (employing a clinician to use the device in a simulated environment) to complex studies in human subjects and/or specimens that may include devices, in vitro diagnostics (IVDs), drugs, or drug/device combinations. The GCD supports all BD business units.
The Clinical Research Associate serves as a Site Manager and Study monitor for moderate to complex studies in compliance with Good Clinical Practices, and all National and Local Regulations. They may also perform the role of Lead Monitor on studies as required, and/or mentor a Study Monitor assigned to a project.
**This position does not offer relocation assistance**
This individual will report directly to a GCD CRA Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Effectively manage clinical study sites
- Perform on-site, remote and/or in-house monitoring activities
- Assist with maintenance of the Trial Master File
- Create study specific documentation
- Mentor Associates at the Associate Clinical Research Associate level
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of laboratory experience required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in field monitoring
- Combination of education and experience in Life Sciences, Technical, Clinical Trials, Regulatory Affairs or Quality preferred.
- Willingness to Travel up to 30% – 50% of the time (Domestic and International)
- Professional certification through one or more relevant associations (e.g. ACRP, SOCRA, RAPS) desirable.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Research Triangle Park
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ