Engineer I - CT and Imaging Technologies
Job Description SummaryThe Engineer I is an essential part of BD’s Corporate Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) team and will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of BD’s next generation medical products and enhance the current product portfolio. The Engineer I, under the general direction of the Staff Engineer - CT and Imaging Technologies, will apply CT Scanning technologies to evaluate product designs and optimize product functionality. Learn about BD products and processes to best aid BD in advancing the world of health. We are excited to add a highly motivated, self-directed individual that can adapt quickly and work within a dynamic team environment.
- Operate CT scanner, X-ray Computed Tomography (CT), and develop expertise in the use of the CT scanning machine for medical product applications.
- Analyze and post-process CT scan data in support of BD’s product portfolio using Geomagic, Volume Graphics, Mimics and/or equivalent software.
- With support from the Staff Engineer, provide engineering support and process flow development for utilizing CT scanning technology throughout BD.
- Interact with product development teams to examine options and develop plans to leverage CT scanning tools to optimize part performance.
- Maintain state-of-the-art CT scanning and post-processing competencies through training courses, seminars, and industry conferences.
- Participate and contribute to the activities of the CT scanning and imaging team by providing continuous improvements to the processes and team development.
Minimum Required Experience
- Minimum of a B.S. in Engineering or related field. Engineering degree is preferred.
- Knowledge in using three-dimensional CAD solid modeling software packages
- Proven ability to work successfully in team and individual situations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with dimensional measurements. GD&T is preferred.
- CT Scanning experience is preferred
- Medical industry experience is preferred.
- Thorough, accurate, and timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Adherence to all BD policies and procedures as well as any laws where applicable.
- Effective written and verbal communication with management, project teams, and multifunctional personnel on a timely basis.
- With support from the Staff Engineer, work to identify actions needed to complete assignments and demonstrate strong drive for results.
- Manage assignments in accordance with project prioritization.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Research Triangle Park
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ