Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Engineer I is an essential part of BD’s Corporate Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) team and will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of BD’s next-generation medical products and enhance the current product portfolio. The Engineer I, under the general direction of the Staff Engineer - CT and Imaging Technologies, will apply industrial CT scanning and complementary technologies to evaluate product designs and optimize product functionality. This role will also involve learning about BD products and processes to best aid BD in advancing the world of health. We are excited to add a highly motivated, self-directed individual that can adapt quickly and work within a dynamic team environment.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- Operate industrial Computed Tomography (CT) scanner and complementary 3D optical scanners. Develop expertise in the use of industrial imaging systems for medical product development applications.
- Analyze and post-process voxel-based data supporting of BD’s product portfolio using Volume Graphics, Geomagic, Mimics, and equivalent software.
- With support from the Staff Engineer, provide engineering support and process flow development for utilizing industrial CT scanning and complementary technologies throughout BD.
- Interact with product development and manufacturing teams to examine options and develop plans to leverage imaging tools to optimize part performance.
- Maintain state-of-the-art voxel-based data post-processing competencies through training courses, seminars, and industry conferences.
- Participate and contribute to the team’s activities by providing continuous improvements to the processes and team development.
Minimum Required Experience
- Minimum of a B.S. in Engineering or related field. Engineering degree is preferred.
- Experience using 3D CAD or voxel-based / point cloud software packages.
- Proven ability to work successfully in teams and individual situations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with dimensional measurements. GD&T is preferred.
- Industrial CT and 3D Optical scanning experience is preferred
- Medical industry experience is preferred.
- Thorough, accurate, and timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Adherence to all BD policies and procedures as well as any laws where applicable.
- Effective written and verbal communication with management, project teams, and multifunctional personnel on a timely basis.
- With support from the Staff Engineer, work to identify actions needed to complete assignments and demonstrate strong a drive for results.
- Manage assignments in accordance with project prioritization.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Research Triangle Park
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.