Engineer II - CT and Imaging Technologies
Job Description SummaryThe Engineer II is an essential part of BD’s Corporate Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) team and will have the opportunity to contribute to the advancement of BD’s next generation medical products and enhance the current product portfolio. The Engineer II, under the general direction of the Staff Engineer - CT and Imaging Technologies, will apply CT Scanning technologies to evaluate product designs and optimize product functionality. Actively research and develop advanced techniques and best practices. We are excited to add a highly motivated, self-directed individual that can adapt quickly and work within a dynamic team environment.
- Operate CT scanner, X-ray Computed Tomography (CT), and develop expertise in the use of the CT scanning machine for medical product applications.
- Analyze and post-process CT scan data in support of BD’s product portfolio using Geomagic, Volume Graphics, Mimics and/or equivalent software.
- Provide engineering support and process flow development for utilizing CT scanning technology throughout BD.
- Interact with product development teams to examine options and develop plans to leverage CT scanning tools to optimize part performance.
- Actively research and implement new technologies and best practices within CT scanning and post-processing.
- Maintain state-of-the-art CT scanning and post-processing competencies through training courses, seminars, and industry conferences.
- Participate and contribute to the activities of the CT scanning and imaging team by providing continuous improvements to the processes and team development.
- Must have a B.S. in Engineering or related field. Engineering degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of industry experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Knowledge in using three-dimensional CAD solid modeling software packages
- Proven ability to work successfully in team and individual situations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience with dimensional measurements. GD&T experience is preferred.
- CT Scanning experience is preferred.
- Medical industry experience is preferred.
- Thorough, accurate, and timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Adherence to all BD policies and procedures as well as any laws where applicable.
- Effective written and verbal communication with management, project teams, and multifunctional personnel on a timely basis.
- Work independently to identify actions needed to complete assignments and demonstrate strong drive for results.
- Manage assignments in accordance with project prioritization.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Research Triangle Park
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ