Staff Scientist I, Immunology and Genomics
Job Description Summary
The Life Sciences Innovation team at BD Technologies and Innovation is seeking an R&D Staff Scientist with a strong background in immunology and/or single cell genomics. The successful applicant will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is developing single-cell and genomic assays for the healthcare and life sciences research market. Reporting to the Associate Director, the candidate will support the development of research and clinical methods in single cell multiomics, cell analysis, and immunology.
- Design and execute statistically sound experiments in immunology and genomics with the purpose of building and improving technologies for entry into product development
- Remain up-to-date on published research in immunology and commercial landscape of single cell multiomic technologies
- Provide project progress updates to key project stakeholders and review boards
- May represent BD in interactions with key opinion leaders, collaborators, and potential/current customers
- Work closely with strategic marketing to uncover and prioritize customer unmet needs; develop solutions to address these needs
- May mentor/supervise junior associates in project leadership role
- Serve as subject matter expert as needed for other programs within BDTI
- Due diligence and assessment of external technologies
This position requires deep subject-matter expertise in immunology, genomics, and antibody characterization methods. The successful candidate will combine a familiarity with standard methods of antibody characterization with at least 5 years prior experience in flow cytometry or single cell analysis. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to organize and conduct complex experiments in support of the project goals are also required.
This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate should be able to plan and conduct scientific experiments and effectively analyze, interpret, and present experimental results. The candidate will be able to successfully collaborate with team members from widely varying backgrounds. The candidate should also be able to adapt to changing requirements that can arise in a dynamic work environment and will be expected to contribute intellectually in areas not directly related to his or her field.
- Minimum Ph.D. in immunology or related biological science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in flow cytometry, single cell genomics, or next generation sequencing
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology
- Demonstrated learning agility and ability to adapt quickly to shifts in program priorities
- Research experience in handling biological samples in accordance with best biosafety practices
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- RT-PCR is advantageous
- Experience with antibody production, antibody conjugation, or protein purification is preferred
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Research Triangle Park
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ