Staff Scientist II, Toxicology
Job Description SummaryThis position manages programs as the business level SME to address biocompatibility and nonclinical safety of medical devices, pharmaceutical products, and other relevant products produced by Becton Dickinson.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position manages programs as the business level SME to address biocompatibility and nonclinical safety of medical devices, pharmaceutical products, and other relevant products produced by Becton Dickinson.
- The position contributes to the development of toxicological evaluation strategies and programs and prepares/reviews required documentation.
- The position will primarily support products in the BD Medical Segment but may support other products and projects as required.
- A particular focus of the position is support of gap assessment related to European Union Medical Device Regulation (MDR).
- Bachelor’s degree in toxicology or a closely related field required, and 6 to 8 years of pre-clinical medical device development experience
- OR Master’s degree in toxicology or a closely related field and 4 to 5 years pre-clinical medical device development experience
- OR PhD Degree in toxicology or a closely related field and 2 to 3 years pre-clinical medical device development experience.
- A broad background in biology/biocompatibility, toxicology and analytical chemistry including familiarity with recent methodologies and evaluation techniques (i.e., ISO 10993 and related guidance).
- Experience in a United States or EU medical device setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with national and international, internal and external teams.
- Must be able to multitask and operate effectively within a diverse work environment.
- Must be team oriented and have strong interpersonal skills and customer focus while functioning independently as an SME.
- Must have excellent scientific written and verbal communication skills.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Research Triangle Park
Additional LocationsUSA IL - Vernon Hills, USA NJ - Franklin Lakes, USA UT - Salt Lake City
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ