Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The Territory Manager will be responsible for driving sales revenue to exceed quota across divisional priorities, earn qualification for the annual sales contest, define and develop new business opportunities that clearly reflect the company’s goals and contribute to overall team success. Individuals will exhibit strong clinical excellence, data analytics skills, hospital reimbursement program and competitive knowledge. One must be able to manage challenging situations directly, empathetically, and with outstanding strategic foresight. Individuals will have experience calling upon and positioning products for approval with hospital value analysis committees, clinical committees, and C-Suite personnel with both disposable products and capital equipment. The Territory Manager will develop key relationships through frequent and routine customer visits, utilization & contract compliance reviews, product in-services, and procedural observation. Additionally, the Territory Manager will build and maintain constructive relationships in key accounts with physicians, nurses, technicians, materials management, hospital management and executive hospital personnel. As deemed appropriate Territory Manager may be called upon to participate in the Field Sales Training program and/or provide services as a Field Sales Trainer. Individuals will manage their territory with integrity and in accordance with Bard’s Code of Ethics and all applicable BD policies, rules and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive sales revenue to exceed established quotas and contest qualifications.
- Defines and develops sustainable new business opportunities.
- Execute Clinical Assessments, lead Round table results discussions, and support standard new product implementation programs
- Builds and maintains sustainable strategic business relationships in key accounts and partner relationships with BD Clinical Managers
- Performs product demonstrations, customer education and in-service as required or requested.
- Develops monthly, quarterly and annual plans crafted to meet revenue targets.
- Develops and maintains a level of excellence in clinical knowledge within respective disease states.
- Develops and maintains a level of excellence in territory management and selling skills.
- Deliver sales training to inside and field sales employees and channel partners as requested.
- Present sales modules, presentations/workshops, overall sales training curriculum at new hire training classes and sales meetings as requested.
- Control expenses within territory budgets and manage those resources according to Bard guidelines and policies
- Maintains open, positive and productive lines of communication with the sales team, customer service, sales management and the home office staff.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary dedication to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Bard Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Completes requested and required administrative duties in a timely manner including call reports, monthly results report and additional items as assigned.
- Develops and maintains accurate customer and account files, both written and electronic.
- Attend and represent Bard at local, regional and national medical conferences.
- Perform special projects and additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements included in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, professionalism, negotiating, mentoring, and team building.
- Capable of detailed communication with a high proficiency in understanding written and verbal information. Strong listening and personal assessment skills
- Strong capacity to adapt quickly to a changing environment. Strong information gathering ability, analysis, problem solving and independent thinking skills.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of basic mathematical processes and has little difficulty in assimilating information of a numerical nature.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer with intermediate level of keyboarding skills, MS Excel, MS Word and Bard’s sales information systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BS with three or more years of sales experience and proven sales success via stacked rankings vs peers. Graduate degree preferred. 2+ years of top 10% performance preferred.
- At least one position or title promotion
- Experience with both disposable clinician preference products and capital equipment and budgeting.
Ability to read, understand, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of healthcare professionals, executives, managers, clients and customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and take care of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects of 10 to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a home office, hospital, HCP office or clinical environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Frequent travel within the territory is required.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Covington BMD
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing