BD Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) Analyst
Job Description Summary
The Financial Leadership Development Program’s (FLDP) vision is to accelerate the development of early career associates who aspire to become senior leaders in the field of Finance. This vision is achieved through targeted recruitment of high caliber candidates and experiences in challenging and diverse rotations. Six-month assignments over the course of two years in diverse Finance areas are designed to provide participants with a well-rounded foundation of technical, functional, and leadership skills. Assignment locations range across BD sites and participants must be willing to relocate.
Rotations may include:
- Business planning and analysis
- Operations finance
- Financial systems
- Internal audit
- Investor relations
- Revenue recognition
FLDP Value Proposition
The FLDP experience is enriched with:
- Business Impact –Associates work on challenging and meaningful assignments across the Finance Organization and BD Businesses, making a direct impact on the bottom line.
- Diversity – FLDPs work with different teams in various locations, and are expected to rotate to different BD locations in the United States. This includes: Franklin Lakes, NJ; San Diego, CA; San Antonio, TX; Salt Lake City, UT. These opportunities help develop new skills and competencies while exploring multiple career paths.
- Coaching and Development – Leadership Advisors and Managers provide guidance and advice throughout the program, aiding in the personal and professional growth of FLDPs.
- Leadership Team Visibility – The FLDP program is directly sponsored by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and FLDPs will have the opportunity to interface with the Finance Leadership Team regularly.
- Shape and Influence – FLDPs help shape and influence the program through involvement with program lead teams that focus on areas such as training and development, recruiting, program quality, and social and philanthropic endeavors.
- A Bright Future – FLDPs are placed on a leadership path early in their careers. The accelerated learning opportunities and diverse experiences help prepare FLDPs to be future leaders of BD’s Finance organization. Strategic employment opportunities exist for associates who have successfully completed their assignments at the end of the program.
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Willingness to relocate as needed to pursue rotational opportunities
- Proven intern or co-op experience in Finance
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong leadership potential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new professional collaborative environments, deal with ambiguity, take initiative, and achieve results
In order to qualify for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B, USA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D, USA TX - San Antonio, USA UT - Salt Lake City
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ