Global Product Manager
Job Description SummaryPosition Summary:
The Global Product Manager position is responsible for the commercial success of a specific product franchise within Bard Access Systems. The Global Product Manager participates in the strategic planning for existing products, develops new product opportunities and ensures strong support of division sales activities. The Global Product Manager participates in new product development and commercial execution strategy to ensure product line success.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or medical device experience, plus two to four (2-4) years of total business experience.
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% of the time.
Preferred qualifications include:
- MBA, plus two to four (2-4) years in a Sales or Marketing role.
- International: Foreign language; ability to travel minimum of 40-80% of the time.
The incumbent must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
- Responsible for new product development programs including idea creation, development of inputs, and business opportunity analysis.
- Responsible for strategy and execution of new product line launches including the development of promotional sales materials and field training.
- Provide market and competitive analysis to support the development of market models and product line strategy. Participate in product line market research strategy and execution.
- Be an expert in the clinical use, trends and published literature of product line and provide day-to-day sales support.
- Lead sales training presentations at national sales meetings.
- Manage commercial marketing activities including development of marketing literature, customer presentations and customer targeting as directed.
- Manage sales forecast with operations/planning to ensure proper inventory management for product line.
- Participate in long-term strategy development and product line and franchise portfolio management.
- Provide leadership and collaboration on cross-functional teams to ensure business goals and objectives are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Continued:
- Works with cross functional U.S. and International teams to develop, adapt, and execute strategic marketing plans for multiple franchise and product lines throughout multiple markets taking into specific cultural and regional considerations.
- Identifies, develops and delivers needed marketing promotions, programs, sales tools, technical/research resources to ensure sales growth and market development for multiple product lines/franchise in all non-U.S. markets.
- Develops market-specific outcome grounded strategic marketing plans, including specific value propositions, to inform long term BAS direction for all non-U.S. markets.
- Identifies, and develops marketing programs, sales tools, pricing, positioning and promotions for multiple product lines.
- Identifies, quantifies and develops new market and product opportunities (e.g. NPD products) for multiple product lines, taking into account specific country needs. Acts as the liaison between marketing teams, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing, and other Bard teams, being the voice of international colleagues in gaining customer feedback.
- Develops strong working relationship with international and U.S. sales force, communicating directly with members of the sales team as needed.
- Ability to analyze market dynamics, including identifying and developing plans to reduce barriers, and prioritize plans (market development). Focused on growing and developing markets.
- Ability to analyze, understand international markets and develop and communicate specific plans for where they are on the market development continuum and market adoption.
- Best practice sharing across countries and regions.
- Ability to represent division to geographies, and geographies to division with the ability to balance strategic trade-offs, decisions to best optimize constrained resources to drive business.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and execute innovative locally tailored approaches to market development (e.g., new products, new business models, etc).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- High integrity and ability to comply with organizational compliance programs.
- An understanding of and ability to apply fundamental marketing concepts and techniques.
- A thorough understanding of the vascular access marketplace, clinical literature and clinical terminology.
- Understand medical regulatory environment.
- Understand the healthcare economic environment and payer systems.
Knowledge & Skills Continued:
- Strong learning skills and intelligence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build and foster a culture of inclusivity.
- Proven or strong potential skills in coaching, developing and guiding others.
- Competency with spreadsheet/presentation/word processing software.
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong working relationships with R&D, Regulatory, and Quality counterparts.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence. Strong business ethics.
- Ability for extensive international travel.
- Strong product knowledge supported by a clear clinical and technical understanding of multiple franchises.
- Capacity to successfully work with a variety of cross-functional teams across multiple markets.
- Clear cultural awareness and sensitivity to the unique international business environments of multiple markets.
- Strong leadership skills with a capacity to positively influence other leaders, regional and country marketing teams, and cross functional team members in the absence of a direct reporting relationship.
- Effective presenter, trainer, and instructor of product knowledge and sales techniques with BAS associates, customers and clinicians.
- Competent and confident working directly with Regional Presidents, critical physicians, clinicians, hospital CEOs and regulators.
- Strong understanding of financial drivers and forecast analysis.
- Ability to handle/accept ambiguity and diversity in problem solving, comfort in innovative and out of box thinking.
This position requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform general office functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to twenty five pounds occasionally. The incumbent may be required to stand for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Salt Lake City BAS
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ