Sr. Program Manager
Job Description Summary
About the role:
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. One of BD’s most profitable business groups Vascular Access Devices (VAD) with an annual revenue of $1.5B is looking for an energetic Sr. Program Manager who can help manage a number of critical programs to sustain a large portfolio of products.
The successful candidate will be part of VAD PMO organization, reporting into the VAD PMO Director. The position is located in BD’s Salt Lake City (Utah) site. The Sr. Program Manager will have to manage the multi-functional activities of the programs, lead the cross functional teams (R&D, Supply Chain, Marketing, Quality, MA, Regulatory, etc.), and own and execute the program plans.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manage and coordinate all Sustaining Engineering projects within the PIVC portfolio and manage and communicate project metrics to the VAD and MDS Leadership Teams.
- Communicating project risks and mitigations to the Leadership Teams.
- Collaborates with cross functional team to ensure timely delivery, review and approvals via multiple regional registrations as well as other conflicting/dependent programs.
- Responsible for the execution, quality, and results of the projects and the success of the resulting products for the business or in the market.
- Interacts with functional managers and business leaders to communicate regarding critical project risks, questions or challenges.
- Challenges core team members, functional leaders and business leaders regarding functional and cross functional strategies and approaches in order to improve program development outcomes.
- Analyzes development situations and data with in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Influences solutions to business or technical problems.
- Communicates and implements the strategic and technical direction for the project/program teams.
- Integrating and deploying the BD Global Product Development System (GPDS) within Sustaining Engineering for the PIVC platform.
Applies extensive technical expertise & has full knowledge of related disciplines. Develops technical and business process solutions to complex problems which requires out of the box thinking and creativity. In partnership with the platform and core team members, leads the development and commercialization, go to market and launch strategy for the project(s).
Responsible for the creation of the project work breakdown structures, risk management, integrated business plans and product requirements. Leads the cross functional development of product architecture for each functional area, synthesizes functional plans and identifies critical interdependencies to drive successful execution of the project.
Technical and business skills and judgment to significantly influence the direction of the project. Able to create and influence novel thinking of the team.
Ability to communicate complex technical and business issues completely, concisely, and effectively to enable high-quality decision making and drive cross-functional alignment.
Has a detailed understanding of all functional work streams in a phase gate process and a vision of an integrated project plan.
Finds and creates new avenues of excellence. Self-starting and will take action without prompting or direction from others to solve problems.
Constantly looks for improvements in work processes and results by anticipating and dealing with problems and encouraging others to suggest innovations and improvements
Represents the organization as the prime contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Education and experience required:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or a closely related engineering degree is required. An advanced degree in an engineering discipline or MBA is preferred.
- At least 10 years proven experience in product development and design is needed.
- 3+ years of experience leading cross-functional, global teams through complex projects or programs. Program management experience preferred.
- Complete understanding of a wide application of project management principles, theories & concepts.
- Experience in new product development planning multiple work-streams, identifying risk and implementing action plans to optimize timelines and reduce execution risk.
- Experience establishing customer requirements from defined needs specifications and translating to product requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- PMP certification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of global regulatory (FDA, Anvisa, NMPA, MDR) and quality requirements (ISO, GB, JISC etc.)
- A six-sigma design and development background.
- Has successfully launched medical device products from concept through launch.
- Experience developing Class II and III medical devices.
- Experience utilizing combination of analytical, statistical, computational, and empirical methods to gain deep understanding of design and minimize overall development timelines.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Salt Lake City BAS
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ